As Alexander Knox, a reporter for the Gotham Gazette, pursues the story of the mysterious vigilante of the night called Batman with the help of news photographer Vicki Vale, Carl Grissom has Jack Napier raid Axis Chemicals to remove any evidence of its ties to Grissom's criminal empire, using th
- Tell me my friend, have you ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
- -- The Joker
Appearing in the 1st Story
- Batman (Flashback and main story)
- The Joker (Flashback and main story) (Dies)
- Joker's henchmen
- Bob the Goon (Apparent Death)
- Carl Grissom (Dies)
- Lt. Eckhardt (Dies)
- Alicia Hunt
- Gotham City Police Department
- Harvey Dent
- Becky (a news broadcaster)
- Harold (Jimmy's father)
- Jimmy (a child)
- Johnny Gobbs (Behind the scenes)
- Martha Wayne (Dies in flashback)
- Thomas Wayne (Dies in flashback)
- Mayor Borg
- Peter (a news broadcaster)
Synopsis for the 1st Story
As Alexander Knox, a reporter for the Gotham Gazette, pursues the story of the mysterious vigilante of the night called Batman with the help of news photographer Vicki Vale, Carl Grissom has Jack Napier raid Axis Chemicals to remove any evidence of its ties to Grissom's criminal empire, using the raid as a set-up to remove Napier for his affair with Grissom's wife Alicia. Batman takes down Napier's men and attempts to rescue Napier from falling into a vat of chemicals, but fails in doing so, causing Napier to be changed into the maniacal terror known as the Joker. During Vicki's investigation of Batman's alter ego Bruce Wayne, she discovers a secret of his that eventually leads her to connect the two people together, but she also becomes the object of the Joker's desire as he pursues her, killing people with his Smylex formula as he heads to his ultimate confrontation with the Dark Knight at the Gotham City cathedral tower. With the Joker's defeat, Batman gives Commissioner Gordon a signal to summon him in future times of need, and Vicki ends up leaving Knox as she goes off on a date with Bruce Wayne.
- Official comic book adaptation of the 1989 Batman film.
- A slight sequence shift takes place during the part where the Joker's parade in Gotham City takes place, with the people being gassed by the balloons prior to the Joker having the gas actually being released.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: The Official Comic Adaptation Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Images from Batman: The Official Comic Adaptation Vol 1 1
- Batman Returns: The Official Comic Adaptation
- Batman Forever: The Official Comic Adaptation
- Batman and Robin: The Official Comic Adaptation