Batman was a 15-chapter serial released in 1943 by Columbia Pictures.
The serial starred Lewis Wilson as Batman and Douglas Croft as Robin. J. Carrol Naish played the villain, an original character named Dr. Daka. Rounding out the cast were Shirley Patterson as Linda Page (Bruce Wayne's love interest), and William Austin as Alfred.
The film is notable for being the first filmed appearance of Batman. Also, the film introduced "The Bat's Cave". The name was altered to the Batcave for use in the comic books as well as the Grandfather's clock entrance. Also, the comic Alfred was overweight and clean-shaven prior to the serial's release. Austin was trim and sported a thin moustache. The comic Alfred's appearance was altered to match that of Austin's, and remains the same to this day.
|J. Carrol Naish||Prince Daka|
|Shirley Patterson||Linda Page|
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Characters from Batman (1943 Serial)
- Other things related to Batman (1943 Serial)
- Movie Gallery: Batman (1943 Serial)
Links and References
- Batman serial at Wikipedia
- Batman serial at Allmovie.com
- Batman serial at Batman-on-Film
- Batman serial at Legions of Gotham
- Batman serial at the Internet Movie Database (IMDB)
- Batman serial at Batman: Yesterday, Today and Beyond
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Batman (serial). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|