The Penguin kidnaps Commissioner Gordon's daughter, Barbara, with plans on marrying her. It is his belief that as the son-in-law to the Commissioner, he should be immune to all criminal charges. [[Bruce Wayne (Batm
Appearing in "Enter Batgirl, Exit Penguin"
- Reverend Hazlitt
Synopsis for "Enter Batgirl, Exit Penguin"
The Penguin kidnaps Commissioner Gordon's daughter, Barbara, with plans on marrying her. It is his belief that as the son-in-law to the Commissioner, he should be immune to all criminal charges. Batman and Robin investigate the case, and Alfred falls into the Penguin's clutches. Barbara is no helpless victim however. She switches into the costumed identity of Batgirl and helps Batman and Robin to defeat the Penguin. When Alfred discovers that Batgirl and Barbara are one and the same, she makes him promise never to reveal her secret to anyone. Alfred agrees, and he even keeps it from Batman and Robin.
- This episode was re-aired on June 29th, 1966.
- Episode is production number 1701.
- This is the first aired episode of the series to feature actress Yvonne Craig in the role of Batgirl. The character had previously been featured in a demo reel created by series producer William Dozier to impress ABC Network executives; though never officially aired, this reel was later shown at various fan-conventions, uploaded online, and finally given an "official" release on the Batman: The Complete Television Series box-set.
- For reasons unknown, this is the only episode where Batgirl wears a watch on the outside of her glove.
- Images from Batman (1966 TV Series) Episode: Enter Batgirl, Exit Penguin
- Episodes of Batman (1966 TV Series)
- Images from Batman (1966 TV Series)
- Gallery for the Batman (1966 TV Series) series
|Chief O'Hara||Stafford Repp|
|Commissioner Gordon||Neil Hamilton|
Links and References