Batman's attention is captured by a rash of high-rise robberies in Gotham, especially when a strange man named Oswald Cobblepot invites himself to Bruce Wayne's latest fundraiser party. After Oswald is ejected from the party for his crassness, Alfred reveals to Bruce that Oswald is the last heir to
- Because I am gonna restore the Cobblepot name to its former wealth and glory!
Appearing in "Call of the Cobblepot"
- Mrs. Vimtrup
- Princess (a dog)
Synopsis for "Call of the Cobblepot"
Batman's attention is captured by a rash of high-rise robberies in Gotham, especially when a strange man named Oswald Cobblepot invites himself to Bruce Wayne's latest fundraiser party. After Oswald is ejected from the party for his crassness, Alfred reveals to Bruce that Oswald is the last heir to the Newcastle Cobblepots, a British family that once employed (and brutally mistreated) his grandfather. The family's hedonistic lifestyle, however, eventually bankrupted them, leaving Oswald penniless and disgraced.
Eventually, Batman discovers that Oswald had committed the robberies, with the use of trained birds, as an attempt to restore the Cobblepot fortune. He gives chase, but is defeated by Oswald's lackeys, a pair of silent and vicious female ninjas that he dubs the "Kabuki Twins". The next day, Alfred personally infiltrates Cobblepot Manor to recover a serving tray Oswald had stolen from the party, only to be discovered and tied to the floor of Oswald's aviary so Oswald's pet birds can feed on him.
Batman arrives in the nick of time, drives off the birds with a sonic emitter, and traps the Kabuki Twins in one of the aviary's cages. A furious Oswald, now calling himself "The Penguin", attacks Batman with a variety of gimmicked umbrellas and martial arts, but is defeated after a long and harrowing battle. After the Penguin is taken into police custody, Bruce discusses the case with Ethan in his civilian identity, and wonders if the Batman's presence is unavoidably drawing "freaks" to Gotham.
- This episode first aired in the United States on September 18th, 2004.
- First appearance of the Penguin on this series. This is the first incarnation of the Penguin to be presented with red hair. Traditionally, the Penguin's hair is black.
- First appearance of the Penguin's Kabuki Twins. The Kabuki Twins are germane to the continuity of The Batman animated series only.
- No trivia.
- 9 Images from Batman (2004 TV Series) Episode: Call of the Cobblepot
- Episodes of Batman (2004 TV Series)
- Images from Batman (2004 TV Series)
- Gallery for the Batman (2004 TV Series) series
|Alfred Pennyworth||Alastair Duncan|
|Ethan Bennett||Steve Harris|
Links and References