- Batman is not a man. I'm an ideal. I am justice.
- -- Batman src
In the distant 853rd Century (year 85,300), criminals of the most dangerous variety have been relocated to the bleak prison planet of Pluto. With the aid of the Laughing Virus, the criminal Xauron instigated a rebellion, seizing control of the world. Seeking retribution and a demonstration of power, Xauron had thousands of guards, as well as their spouses, herded into an arena, with their children forced to watch as their parents were massacred over the course of days. When the 15,000 children of those families were forced to watch the massacre of their parents, many committed suicide or went insane. One swore never to let such a tragedy occur again, and vowed to become The Batman.
Already aware about the Batman Legacy and the many Batmen that had already existed, he chose the symbol of the bat because he thought that it stood for more than simply fear; it stood as an ideal, it stood for justice. Knowing what was necessary to succeed in his mission, he began training, honing his abilities just as hundreds of others who had taken the mantle of the bat had done before him. He furthered his knowledge in millions of physical and mental techniques, various subjects, and even more in searching for the technology he would need to combat evil.
After years of patience, training, studying, and preparing, Batman One Million took to the dangerous Asylum Planet, Pluto, along with his sidekick, Robin One Million. Soon after, he was invited to join a new incarnation of the Justice League, Justice Legion Alpha, where he met Superman One Million, Flash One Million, among others. After years of working together, they went back in time to invite the Justice League of the 20th century to see the rebirth of the first Superman, Superman Prime. Unexpectedly, their companion Starman betrayed them and unleashed a plague onto Earth, with the real Justice League being unable to stop it, Justice Legion Alpha was there to help them. Batman One Million worked with the 20th century Batman to find a way to stop Starman's plan, along with Dick Grayson and Tim Drake, using the technology of the Batcave. Batman One Million stopped his plans, ending with Starman returning to the light once more and committing suicide to stop what he had done. Batman One Million and his companions returned to their era, along with the 20th century Justice League, to watch the rebirth of Superman Prime.
- 853rd Century Physiology: As a citizen of the 853rd Century, Batman possesses a number of capabilities more developed than those typical in the 20th or 21st Century.
- Advanced Science/Mechanical Aptitude: Access to 853rd-century education allows Batman to create technology beyond anything available in the 21st Century, and makes even advanced technology from earlier periods seem simple.
- Enhanced Intellect: possessed of neo-cortex structures, the people of the 853rd Century are capable of processing vast amounts of information that overwhelm even Kal-El's superhuman mind.
- Telepathy: Inhabitants of the 853rd Century have a 100% rate of telepathy, which Batman can use to access the artificial telepathic information network known as Headnet.
- Genius Level Intellect: Batman is noted as having an I.Q. of 1045.
- Martial Arts: Batman is a master of martial arts from across the universe, able to catch the original Batman off-guard and defeat him with a single blow; he is also known to incorporate psychic attacks into his fighting style.
- Tactical Analysis
- Batsuit: Though very similar in appearance to the original Bat-suit, the Bat-suit One Million farther surpasses that of the original. It includes camouflage, night vision, fireproof cape, strengthened skeleton, gliding wings, collapsable armor, an internal hard drive with over ten times the capacity of the modern day Bat-Computer (which it was capable of wirelessly connecting with and imparting storage capacity to), electrical absorption and holographic capabilities.
- 27 Appearances of Batman (DC One Million)
- 7 Images featuring Batman (DC One Million)
- 3 Quotations by or about Batman (DC One Million)
- Character Gallery: Batman (DC One Million)
|DC One Million Character |
This character was created during DC One Million, and is a part of its possible future in the 853rd Century. DC One Million was a massive company-wide crossover event published in 1998.
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.