Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Batgirl: Day One": While Batman is pursuing a criminal outside Gotham, Barbara Gordon attends a costume party thrown by heiress Sandy Vanocouer. Despite her father's lectures on the dangerous life Batman leads, Barbara intentionally chooses a costume that mimic Batman's, styling herself as a "B
Appearing in "Batgirl: Day One"
- Sandy Vanocouer
- Moulton Towers
- Surh Diamond
Synopsis for "Batgirl: Day One"
While Batman is pursuing a criminal outside Gotham, Barbara Gordon attends a costume party thrown by heiress Sandy Vanocouer. Despite her father's lectures on the dangerous life Batman leads, Barbara intentionally chooses a costume that mimic Batman's, styling herself as a "Batgirl".
At the party, Barbara finds Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn trying to kidnap Sandy for a ten-million ransom. With quick wits and a bit of luck, she manages to save Sandy, only to be cornered by the two villainesses. Before a fight can break out, all four women are knocked unconscious by the party's security guards, who are actually disguised burglars working for Catwoman.
Catwoman taunts her captives as they awaken, and secures her own objective: the priceless diamond being displayed one floor above Sandy's party. As Catwoman escapes with the diamond, Batgirl convinces Poison Ivy to cut her bonds, then sets off the diamond display's alarms to attract the police. Though Catwoman ultimately escapes, Batgirl manages to recover the diamond, earning a vow of revenge from Catwoman.
By the time the police arrive at the party, Barbara has already hidden her Batgirl costume in the trash. Cheerily, she tells her father nothing of import had happened to her.
- This issue is reprinted in Batman Adventures: The Dark Knight Adventures trade paperback.
- Despite having first appeared on Batman: The Animated Series, this issue marks the first appearance of Harley Quinn in a printed comic book - albeit, set in the DC Animated Universe. She would not appear in DC Comics' mainstream continuity until 1999's Batman: Harley Quinn.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Adventures Vol 1 12 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman Adventures series