"The Killing Book": The Joker is enraged when he learns that Gotham Adventures, a comic book chronicling Batman's adventures, is causing Gotham's children to regard him as "the guy Batman always beats". To salve his ego and reputation, the Joker kidnaps Gotham Adventures' teenage writer/
- The nerve! Filling youngsters' heads with vicious lies... impugning my good name... misrepresenting me to America's youth! Well, we'll just see about this! I'm going to set the record straight and I won't rest till the job is done! Because this time... I'm doing it for the children!
- -- Joker
Appearing in "The Killing Book"
- Anthony Baldwin
- Mr. Patterson
- Darren Vincenzo
- Kelley Puckett
- Mike Parobeck
- Rick Taylor
- Scott Peterson
- Tim Harkins
Synopsis for "The Killing Book"
The Joker is enraged when he learns that Gotham Adventures, a comic book chronicling Batman's adventures, is causing Gotham's children to regard him as "the guy Batman always beats". To salve his ego and reputation, the Joker kidnaps Gotham Adventures' teenage writer/artist Anthony Baldwin, whom he forces to produce comic books celebrating his real-life crimes.
Batman, despite heavy injuries sustained from his latest battle with the Joker, is determined to rescue Anthony before the Joker tires of the boy and kills him. From clues the Joker deliberately planted in the comics, Batman tracks the Joker down to a local golf course, but falls into an ambush and soon finds himself bound to a convoluted deathtrap triggered by a hole-in-one.
Fortunately, the Joker's poor golfing skills give Batman enough time to escape his bonds, and - with a little help from Anthony - defeat the Joker and his men. The entire adventure is chronicled in Anthony's next issue of Gotham Adventures, copies of which Bruce Wayne delivers to every inmate at Arkham Asylum, free of charge.
- The Gotham Adventures team that Anthony replaces consists of caricatures of Kelley Puckett, Mike Parobeck, Rick Burchett, Rick Taylor, and Tim Harkins. Similarly, Anthony's editor Mr. Patterson and his mannerly assistant are caricatures of Scott Peterson and Darren Vincenzo, respectively.
- Gotham Adventures would later become the name of a real DC publication - namely, the comic published in conjunction with The New Batman Adventures.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Adventures Vol 1 16 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman Adventures series
- DC Animated Universe
- Adventures in the DC Universe (Volume 1)
- The Batgirl Adventures #1
- Batman Adventures (Volume 1)
- Batman Adventures (Volume 2)
- Batman Adventures: The Lost Years (Volume 1)
- The Batman Adventures: Mad Love
- Batman & Robin Adventures (Volume 1)
- Batman and Superman Adventures: Worlds Finest: The Official Comics Adaptation #1
- Batman Beyond (Volume 1)
- Batman Beyond (Volume 2)
- Batman Beyond (Volume 4)
- Batman Beyond Unlimited (Volume 1)
- Batman Beyond Universe (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Adventures (Volume 1)
- Batman: Harley and Ivy (Volume 1)
- Batman: Mask of the Phantasm - The Animated Movie #1
- Gotham Girls (Volume 1)
- Justice League Adventures (Volume 1)
- Justice League Unlimited (Volume 1)
- Superman Adventures (Volume 1)
Links and References
- No external links.