- Robin is going to be a very good soldier. A very good soldier.
- -- Batman
Appearing in "The Gauntlet"
- Joe Minette (First appearance)
- Carlton Tate
- Gotham City Police Department
- Ricky Terranova
Synopsis for "The Gauntlet"
Dick Grayson has been training for a very long time, and Batman is giving him a final exam before he's allowed to go out on patrol as a crime-fighter. The challenge is that he will be given a six-hour headstart at dusk, and then Batman will hunt him down and try to find him within city limits... if he can make it until sunrise without being caught, he passes. Dick ventures out into Gotham City dressed as Robin for the first time, and quickly finds himself embroiled in a criminal plot that he must stop while evading his mentor and many gangsters all across the city. Batman catches up to him and is content to watch him from the shadows, and observe the way he handles taking down a syndicate of Gotham Organized Crime... surpassing expectations. Robin takes down a crimelord by recovering crucial evidence, and Batman tells him that he has passed, then goes to introduce him to Captain Gordon.
- No special notes.
- There is a criminal who is reading an issue of House of Mystery.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Chronicles: The Gauntlet on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman (one-shots) series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Volume )
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at IGN Comics
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at Dark Knight
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes