"Batgirl and Robin: "Fury of the Five-In-One Foe!"": When a mysterious criminal disguised as a lumberjack strikes in New Carthage, Robin is joined by Harlequin and together they stop the criminal, although they fail to capture him.
Appearing in Batgirl and Robin: "Fury of the Five-In-One Foe!"
- Five-In-One Foe (a.k.a. Galloping Ghost, Lazer-Razer and Johnny G.I.) (Single appearance)
- Bat-Girl (Betty Kane) (On a TV or computer screen)
- Batman (In a photograph only)
- President of the United States
- Gotham City Police Department
- Faraday (Single appearance)
- Leslie Tauburn (Single appearance)(On a TV or computer screen)
Synopsis for Batgirl and Robin: "Fury of the Five-In-One Foe!"
In the same fashion, Batgirl stops a criminal on a train, which is being used as a decoy to transport a convict. Commissioner Gordon and the Gotham City Police Department are also present when Batgirl stops the criminal, who is disguised as a special G.I. Soldier. Despite being outnumbered and defeated, the criminal manages to escape.
The next day, Dick Grayson and Lori Elton visit Barbara Gordon and her father on her apartment in Washington, D.C. While they watch the TV, they notice another criminal on a red costume attacking a beauty contest. The criminal is confronted and stopped by Betty Kane, the original Bat-Girl, but Dick and Barbara notice a similar pattern in the criminals' modus operandi. They both deduce that it is the same criminal that they failed to capture on previous occassions and they prepare a trap to capture the criminal once and for all.
Using a few clues they found about the criminal, Batgirl and Robin track the man to his apartment and confront him, finally ending his evil scheme which consisted on attacking government officials while operating under different names, with different costumes and weapons.
In the aftermath, Batgirl and Robin share a burger while doing their usual flirtatious routine.
Appearing in Man-Bat: "Bulls-Eye for Murder!"
- Randy Markos, aka The Shotgun Sniper (Final appearance)
- Sheri (Single appearance)
- Mike (Single appearance)
Synopsis for Man-Bat: "Bulls-Eye for Murder!"
Man-Bat and Jason Bard fight each other, thinking that their opponent is the Shotgun Sniper, unaware that the real killer is about to kill Francine. Man-Bat saves Francine by accident when he gets in the way of the bullet and then, he finally realizes that Bard is not the killer. Francine then tells him about the Shotgun Sniper victims' connection with her own past and Man-Bat goes out looking for the killer, but is only able to locate Bard, who is entering a diner.
When Man-Bat enters the place to talk to Bard, he spots the killer behind Bard, ready to kill the detective. Man-Bat saves Bard's life and during the ensuing struggle, Man-Bat and Bard team-up to stop and capture the killer. Moments later, the New York City Police Department arrive and Captain Daniels is glad to give Bard the entire reward for capturing the criminal. However, Bard only accepts on the condition that half of the money is given to Man-Bat and Daniels reluctantly agrees.
At that moment, Man-Bat's beeper is activated and he returns home as fast as he can. He gives Francine the news that he captured the killer along with Bard and that the criminal's identity is Randy Markos, one of Francine's former boyfriends. However, Robert's good news are bleak in comparison to the news Francine has for him as she feels that it's time for their son to be born.
- This book was first published on November 21, 1977.
- No special notes.
- The Gotham Gazette on the first story has a headline that reads "Batman Nabs Mad Hatter". This is a reference to the events that take place in Batman #297.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Family Vol 1 16 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman Family series
- Images from Batman Family Vol 1 16
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- No external links.