"Nyktomorph": In Gotham, Joe Average, leader of the Pennsylvania criminal organization "the Average Joes", hires the underworld's own private detective, Nero Nykto, the Night-Eye, to investigate Batman's recent activities. Joe Average plans to expand into Gotham and he dislikes rich people as a
- You should have stayed in Pennsylvania, Joe. We don't have a Batman in Pennsylvania. Not yet. Welcome to Gotham.
- -- Batman
Appearing in "Nyktomorph"
- Batman Incorporated
- Average Joes (First appearance)
- Emoticon-Man (First appearance)
- Gotham City
- North Africa
Synopsis for "Nyktomorph"
In Gotham, Joe Average, leader of the Pennsylvania criminal organization "the Average Joes", hires the underworld's own private detective, Nero Nykto, the Night-Eye, to investigate Batman's recent activities. Joe Average plans to expand into Gotham and he dislikes rich people as a matter of principle.
Meanwhile, Bruce Wayne is talking to reporters about Batman Incorporated. Suddenly, criminals with guns appear, but an army of armored Batmen stop them. Later, Bruce, Dick and Damian talk with Jim Gordon and give him a Batman Incorporated badge, which, in Bruce's words, "pretty much" makes Gordon a Batman.
In the Batcave, Bruce gathers his closest crimefighting allies and informs them of their newest enemy: an organization called Leviathan.
Batman goes on a marathon global hunt for the criminal players in a conspiracy to smuggle children for nefarious ends. Along the way he uses many new members of Batman Incorporated.
As Nykto tells all of his evidences of Batman Incorporated, Joe Average lets slip that some higher criminal intelligence is ordering people not to attack Wayne Enterprises. However, a deliberate challenge has been planned for Batman Inc. - at 6pm in Gotham today, criminals around the world will simultaneously strike. Nykto attacks Joe Average and his thugs, revealing that he was Batman all along.
The attack goes as planned. Around the world, men in masks strike terror - and around the world, other men in masks fight them off.
Leviathan agents gather in a satellite to prepare for a war.
- No special notes.
- Per background shots in this issue, it seems that the contents of the Batcave have been moved to a museum space in Wayne Enterprises main headquarters building for at least the duration. This makes sense since if Batman & Robin are operating out of the Bunker and Bruce is mostly on the move, the only person using the cave would be Oracle for her work with Batgirl.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Incorporated Vol 1 6 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman Incorporated series
- Images from Batman Incorporated Vol 1 6
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes