This paperback collects the Batman R.I.P. storyline, which was originally published in the comic book series Batman from June, 2008 to January, 2009. The story is written by Grant Morrison. The illustrations are by Tony S. Daniel and Lee Garbett.
In this story the troubled life of Bruce Wayne seems to spin out of control when his releationship with the mysterious Jezebel Jet deepens. Soon Bruce Wayne drops out completely, having seemingly become the victim of mental illness and abandoning his Batman identity for a life on the streets of Gotham City. Capitalizing on the fall of their greatest foe, the Club of Villains begin a crime spree through the streets of Gotham that threatens to bring the city to its knees. Batman's allies attempt to keep order in the city and find The Dark Knight.
This paperback collects the following comic books:
- Batman #676 (Batman R.I.P. Part I: Midnight in the House of Hurt)
- Batman #677 (Batman R.I.P. Part II: Batman in the Underworld)
- Batman #678 (Batman R.I.P. Part III: Zur En Arrh)
- Batman #679 (Batman R.I.P. Part IV: Miracle on Crime Alley)
- Batman #680 (Batman R.I.P. Part V: The Thin White Duke of Death)
- Batman #681 (Batman R.I.P. Conclusion: Hearts in Darkness)
- Batman #682 (The Butler Did It)
- Batman #683 (What the Butler Saw)
- No special notes.