Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Batman's Psychic Twin": A chemical blast accidentally links Batman and hoodlum Jo-Jo Gagan, causing one to experience whatever physical sensation the other does--which leads gangsters to the conclusion that if they kill Jo-Jo, Batman will die as well. Jo-Jo has to ru
- I, the master of "bird" crimes, have returned to renew our intriguing battle of wits!
- -- Penguin
Appearing in "Batman's Psychic Twin"
- Jo-Jo Gagan (Single appearance)
- Boss Bragg (Single appearance)
- Luke (Single appearance)
- Willie (Single appearance)
- Tobin (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Batman's Psychic Twin"
A chemical blast accidentally links Batman and hoodlum Jo-Jo Gagan, causing one to experience whatever physical sensation the other does--which leads gangsters to the conclusion that if they kill Jo-Jo, Batman will die as well. Jo-Jo has to run away from his own gang, giving Batman serious troubles everytime he injures himself. Shortly after this, Jo-Jo learns the name of the man who was near him in the explosion and he deduces that Bruce Wayne is Batman. After testing his theory and confirming the truth, Jo Jo tries to sell Batman's identity to some mobsters, but soon he realizes that Batman's injuries also damage him. When some crooks manage to get a hold of Batman, Jo Jo tries to stop them from killing Batman, but he kills himself in the process. Batman however had found a cure and was no longer linked to Jo-Jo. Using this to his advantage, Batman tricks the criminals into thinking that he is dead, just to capture them off guard.
Appearing in "The Return of the Penguin"
- The Friends of Birds Society (Single appearance)
- Big John Tompkins (Single appearance)
- Penguin's Blimp
Synopsis for "The Return of the Penguin"
The Penguin returns to Gotham after being released from jail, but is soon taunted by hoodlums in a poolroom to prove he is not a “has-been”. Nettled, he begins a new spate of bird-crimes in Gotham City, which causes Batman and Robin to get on his trail again. After a series of intricate crimes that involved birds in one way or another, Batman and Robin are finally able to deduce the next Penguin crime in time to stop the criminal. As Penguin tries to steal some valuable art pieces from a museum, Batman confronts him and despite the several traps prepared, Batman prevents the Penguin from escaping until the villain is finally captured with Robin's assistance.
- This book was first published on March 7, 1963.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 155 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- No external links.