Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"The Man Who Quit the Human Race!": When Governor Andrew Warner resigns his position, it is at the behest of Batman and Robin, who reveal that Warner is transforming into something different from a human being. It is revealed that due t
Appearing in "The Man Who Quit the Human Race!"
- Andrew Warner (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Man Who Quit the Human Race!"
When Governor Andrew Warner resigns his position, it is at the behest of Batman and Robin, who reveal that Warner is transforming into something different from a human being. It is revealed that due to a genetic quirk he is mutating into a highter evolved state and has asked Batman and Robin to help him with the transition.
However, when they scientifically speed up the process, the future man that Warner becomes decides that the human race is inferior and thus he wishes to enslave it. Battling Batman and Robin, it subconsciously leaves clues how to get out each trap it sticks them into. Eventually revealing the secret to its defeat: green light. Batman comes across the weakness at a moment when the future creature is bombarding itself with green rays to make it invincible.
With the future man knocked out, Batman and Robin arrange for it to be shot into space in a rocket which will orbit around the sun until a time when the human race will be as evolved as Warner. Returning to their civilian guises of Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson, they contemplate the possibility of more mutants evolving in the future.
Appearing in "The Dilemma of the Detective's Daughter!"
- Jim Gordon
- Patricia Powell (First appearance)
- Lt. Detective Mike Powell (First appearance)
- Pete (Single appearance)
- Gotham City Police Department
- Professor Ralph Smedley (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Dilemma of the Detective's Daughter!"
Batman gives a speech to graduating police officers, and soon meets the winner of the Lieutenants award: Patricia Powell, the daughter of Detective Mike "Bulldog" Powell. Meeting together Batman becomes smitten by her but she reveals that she has a crush on Bruce Wayne, although she has never actually met him.
When a scientist is kidnapped for his new explosive that doesn't flare or make noise, Batman and Patricia Powell, work together and capture the crooks. Afterwards Patricia and her father are invited to a party hosted by Bruce Wayne, where meets him (unknowingly) again for the first time.
- Reprinted inBatman: The Dynamic Duo Archives Vol 1
- The second story of this issue is continued in the next Batman issue, making this the first Batman story to be featured in multiple issues.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 165 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Images from Batman Vol 1 165
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- No external links.