"The Fight That Jolted Gotham City!": When strong man Mr. Mammoth refuses to perform, his agent pulls in a favor with Commissioner Gordon to have Batman come and visit him. Mammoth explains to Batman that he's afraid to perform because he
Appearing in "The Fight That Jolted Gotham City!"
- Mr. Mammoth (Single appearance)
- Gotham Arms Hotel (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The Fight That Jolted Gotham City!"
When strong man Mr. Mammoth refuses to perform, his agent pulls in a favor with Commissioner Gordon to have Batman come and visit him. Mammoth explains to Batman that he's afraid to perform because he fears he will lose control. He explains to Batman how before entering Gotham City, his circus troupe made a pit stop and he was suddenly struck with the urge to go on a rampage, and had to force himself to stay submerged in a swimming pool until is passed. Batman promises Mammoth that he will find the cause of it before the show.
Batman and Robin travel back to the rest stop to investigate the location, and when Batman deduces what has caused Mammoth to go berserk before, he goes to tell the strong man, only to find that he has gone berserk again and attacks the caped crusader.
After a lengthy battle, Batman knocks down Mr. Mammoth, and soon his fit of rage fades. Batman explains to Mammoth that it was a nearby radio tuned to a local radio station, that when it played it's musical call letters, effected Mammoth's brain and caused him to go berserk. Batman then informs him that he contacted the radio station and they promised to change the pitch of their call letters. After thanking Batman, Mr. Mammoth then puts on his show for Gotham City.
Appearing in "How to Solve a Perfect Crime -- In Reverse!"
- Mystery Analysts of Gotham City
- Ralph Vern (also as Mr. X)
- Mr. Mergen (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "How to Solve a Perfect Crime -- In Reverse!"
At the most recent meeting of the Mystery Analysts of Gotham City, they are shocked to find a tape recorder that activates right when they enter their meeting place. The recording informs them that one of their own has decided to commit the perfect crime, and wanted to pit the combined expertise of the Mystery Analysts to see if they will get away with the crime. The recording informs them that the person involved stole the Kashpur Diamond and challenges the rest of the group to catch them.
With the help of Robin, Batman manages to gather clues that reveal that fellow Mystery Analyst, Ralph Vern is the thief dubbed "Mr. X." And once he learns why: the diamond apparently has the power to stun those exposed to it. Batman reveals to the reset of the Mystery Analysts and explains how Vern pulled off the robbery. After revealing all the facts, Vern confesses and is taken away by Commissioner Gordon and District Attorney Danton.
- Reprinted in Batman: The Dynamic Duo Archives Vol 2.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 168 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Images from Batman Vol 1 168
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- No external links.