Appearing in "Partners in Plunder!"
- Herbie (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Partners in Plunder!"
Batman and Robin attempt to foil the Penguin's most recent string of thefts yet, using different gimmicked umbrellas for his thefts. Batman is tricked into creating a crime for the Penguin in which the crook would steal a jeweled meteorite that is on display in Gotham City. When the heroes try to stop the Penguin, he uses his knowledge of the crime plan and prepares a giant magnet to snag the dynamic duo by their Utility Belts, but they manage to get free and chase after the Penguin the same rocket umbrellas that the crook had prepared for his getaway. Penguin is finally locked up in jail and the stolen loot is recovered.
Appearing in "A Bad Day for Batman!"
- Bill Ferris (Single appearance)
- Mr. Tremaine (Single appearance)
- Mr. Randall (Single appearance)
- Robin (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "A Bad Day for Batman!"
Batman relates to the local press how his recent pursuit of a crook was foiled first by the sun reflecting off a girl's vanity mirror, then a light bulb burning out when chasing the crook down a hall and a boat running short on gas. However, after the interview, Batman takes one of the reporters down to the docks, where he finds the crook in question trying to go out in diving gear, Batman then quickly rounds up the crook, finally catching the guy that has caused him so much grief.
- This book was first published on December 3, 1964.
- Reprinted in Batman: The Dynamic Duo Archives Vol 2.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 169 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- No external links.