Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Beware of -- Poison Ivy!": While attending a pop-art show at the Gotham Art Museum featuring portraits of the top three female criminals Dragon Fly, Silken Spider and Tiger Moth, [[Bruce Wayne (Earth-One)|Bruce W
Appearing in "Beware of -- Poison Ivy!"
- Dragonfly (First appearance)
- Silken Spider (First appearance)
- Tiger Moth (First appearance)
- Poison Ivy (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Beware of -- Poison Ivy!"
While attending a pop-art show at the Gotham Art Museum featuring portraits of the top three female criminals Dragon Fly, Silken Spider and Tiger Moth, Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson are witness to the arrival of Poison Ivy, who has come to challenge the title for the number one female criminal to the press before making a quick exit. Bruce tries to follow her as Batman but she manages to get away. Because of the way Batman talks about Poison Ivy, Robin is worried that Batman might be falling in love with Ivy.
When Dragon Fly, Silken Spider, and Tiger Moth hear of Poison Ivy's challenge they arrive at her pre-arranged meeting place to figure out once and for all who the most dangerous female criminal is with each bringing in some backup. The several henchmen hold Batman and Robin away while the three femme fatale meet Poison Ivy. However, this turns out to be a trap and the three women are knocked out. When Batman and Robin arrive to stop Poison Ivy, she tries to use her charm to woo Batman. However, Batman manages to snap out of it and arrest her.
Appearing in "The Perfect Crime -- Slightly Imperfect!"
- Mystery Analysts of Gotham City
- Fern Hunter (Single appearance)
- Joe (Single appearance)
- Chuck (Single appearance)
- Nancy Owens (actress) (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Perfect Crime -- Slightly Imperfect!"
When Kaye Daye, member of the Mystery Analysts of Gotham City is to receive a Sherlock Award for her latest book "The Stars Do Kill", the Mystery Analysts soon become involved in an mysterious attempt on Kaye's life. However, Batman with the help of the others manage to foil this plot and save Kaye before her cousin's hired thugs can murder her and she could cash in on the family inheritance.
- This book was first published on April 19, 1966.
- This issue features a pin-up of Batman and Robin drawn by Carmine Infantino and inked by Murphy Anderson.
- "Beware of -- Poison Ivy" is reprinted in Batman in the Sixties, Showcase Presents: Batman Vol 2 and Batman: A Celebration of 75 Years.
- "The Perfect Crime -- Slightly Imperfect" is reprinted in Batman #260 & Showcase Presents: Batman Vol 2.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 181 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Images from Batman Vol 1 181
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes