- There's nothing like a little danger to make you forget a dame! Right, Batman?
- -- Robin
Appearing in "A Touch of Poison Ivy!"
- Poison Ivy
- Ivy's Gang
- Other Crooks (Joe the Undertaker named)
- Various Women Who Date Bruce Wayne
- Suction-Cap Climbing Ropes
- Ivy's Compact Mirror
- Ivy's Pet Panther
- CCTV Viewer
- Gotham Ferry
- Ivy's Gang Car
- Various Police Cruisers
- An I.V. Tube
Synopsis for "A Touch of Poison Ivy!"
While Batman (Bruce Wayne) tries to get his mind off of Poison Ivy, the criminal in question sends Batman a special compact mirror that distracts Batman from doing his job, much to Robin's dismay. However, during a fight with some crooks the mirror is smashed.
Learning of this, the upset Poison Ivy is heartbroken in prison and her prison guard manages to contact Batman to get him to come by to cheer her up. However, this was all a ruse and Batman soon finds himself under Poison Ivy's control and helps her escape from prison. However, Batman eventually snaps out of it at her hide out and he and Robin capture Poison Ivy and her thugs.
Appearing in "Batman's Baffling Turnabout!"
- A Batman impostor and his Gang
- Sticky Net
- Batman's Laser-Torch
- Car stolen by Fake Batman
Synopsis for "Batman's Baffling Turnabout!"
When Batman is trapped by a crook who tries to take his place, a wise Robin (noticing that the crook is wearing an old version of Batman's costume) takes the faux Batman to a secondary Batcave until he can trick him to thinking he's alone long enough to go and finish off the real Batman. However, when the crook does this, Robin arrives and frees Batman and the two make short work of the crook. Robin reveals how he knew the faux Batman was fake from the start.
- The cover of this issue is homaged in DC Comics Presents: Batman #1 by Adam Hughes, as part of a tribute to Julius Schwartz. They update it by replacing the logo for the Batman (1966 TV Series) with the more contemporary logo from the cartoon The Batman. Carmine Infantino, the cover artist for this book, draws the story in that issue.
- "A Touch of Poison Ivy!" and "Batman's Baffling Turnabout" are both reprinted in Showcase Presents: Batman (Volume ume) #2.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 183 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Volume )
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at IGN Comics
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at Dark Knight
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes