Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"The Eraser Who Tried to Rub Out Batman!": Batman and Robin go up against a crook named the Eraser, who offers criminals a special service in which he erases all evidence from a crime scene so that crooks
- A good eraser removes clues as they're being made..!
- -- The Eraser
Appearing in "The Eraser Who Tried to Rub Out Batman!"
- The Eraser (First appearance)
- Celia Smith (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "The Eraser Who Tried to Rub Out Batman!"
Batman and Robin go up against a crook named the Eraser, who offers criminals a special service in which he erases all evidence from a crime scene so that crooks can get off scot-free. While posing as a common thief, Batman learns that the Eraser is really an old collage classmate named Lenny Fiasco, who decided to turn to a life of crime after becoming a laughing stock in high school and was jilted Cecilia Smith, a girl who ended up being the ice queen to Bruce Wayne's ice king during a winter carnival.
Escaping the Eraser's trap, Bruce switches to his guise of Batman, and with Robin manages to defeat the Eraser and his gang, turning them over to the police. In jail, Lenny learns that crime does not pay.
Appearing in "The Ten Best-Dressed Corpses in Gotham City!"
- Matt Whitson (Single appearance)
- Hampden Dennis (Single appearance)
- Strongin (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Ten Best-Dressed Corpses in Gotham City!"
Batman and Robin are asked to aid the Gotham City Police Department in solving a mystery where it appears that the subjects of a recent magazine article, rating the top ten best dressed wealthy men in Gotham City, are all being targeted for murder. Being on the list himself (as Bruce Wayne) and narrowly escaping a death trap himself, Batman and Robin go on the case to solve the mystery. After a daring mystery, they learn that the killer was the magazine publisher, Matt Whitson who was using the list as a cover up to murder a popular author on the list who became privy to the fact that during the war, Whitson was captured by the enemy and betrayed his country in order to save his own life.
- This book was first published on October 20, 1966.
- Only Silver Age appearance of The Eraser. The Eraser makes his first modern appearance in Ambush Bug: Year None #4.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 188 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- No external links.