Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Batman Makes a Deadline": A reporter by the name of Larry Spade has vital information that could take a whole criminal gang down and he decides to write the story on what would be his last editorial work. However, the members of the gang attack him, stopping Spade from writing the story. [[Bruc
Appearing in "Batman Makes a Deadline"
- Larry Spade (Only appearance; dies)
- Big Ben Rolling (Single appearance)
- Legs Lascomb (Single appearance)
- Skylark Skelly (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Batman Makes a Deadline"
A reporter by the name of Larry Spade has vital information that could take a whole criminal gang down and he decides to write the story on what would be his last editorial work. However, the members of the gang attack him, stopping Spade from writing the story. Batman and Robin find out about this and they rescue Spade from the criminals, taking him to a hospital. While Spades is recovering, the duo set out to fight the gangsters, but in the meantime, Spade regains consciousness and escapes the hospital and goes to his office to finish off the story.
Batman and Robin confront the criminals and delay them from getting back to Spade, who is in a really bad shape but he isn't stopping anytime soon until the story is finished. By the time the criminals reach the newspaper building, Spade has finished his story at the cost of his life. The final encounter between the gangsters and the dynamic duo takes place on the pressing room, where the morning edition of the newspaper is being printed with the story in the front page. The criminals are finally taken down by the police and Spade turns into a hero during his last living moment.
Appearing in "Atlantis Goes To War"
- Atlanteans (Flashback and main story)
- Emperor Taro (Single appearance)
- Empress Lanya (Single appearance)
- High Priest Kano (Single appearance)
- Xano (Flashback only) (Single appearance)
- Admiral Von Buritz (Single appearance)
- Captain Kurt Fritzl (Single appearance)
- Ben Stunsel (Only appearance; dies)
- Atlantic Ocean (Flashback and main story)
- Atlantis (Flashback and main story)
- Temple of Justice
Synopsis for "Atlantis Goes To War"
Batman and Robin learn of a missing American ship in the Atlantic Ocean and they go to investigate on the Batplane. While they are hovering over the ocean, the Batplane is dragged toward the bottom of the sea until they reach the lost city of Atlantis, which has been taken as a military base for the Nazi Party.
Batman and Robin learn that the Nazis have deceived the Atlanteans to believe that they are good people and that Americans are evil. It is up to Batman and Robin to make them realize the truth and by doing so, starting a small battle in Atlantis between the Nazis and Atlanteans.
In the end, the Nazis are defeated and the dynamic duo leave Atlantis and head towards home.
Appearing in "The Case of the Timid Lion"
- Mr. Lyon (Single appearance)
- Mulligan (Single appearance)
- Mr. Fish (Single appearance)
- Mr. Fox (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Case of the Timid Lion"
Random mischievous acts have been taking place at the Gotham Zoo and it all seems to point towards the master criminal: The Joker. However, the clown prince of crime is not responsible at all and he decides to investigate. Batman and Robin also decide to investigate and soon the find themselves following the clues of the crimes when they find the Joker, who is also following the clues. On thei subsequent fight, Batman and the Joker let the responsible for the crimes escape.
Mr. Lyon, the manager of the Zoo has been planting evidence that points to the Joker while he takes all the loot from his crimes. Enraged for this, the Joker captures Lyon and puts him in the lion cage at the Zoo along with Batman and Robin, who happened to be at the place. Batman and Robin manage to control the beast and using another fearful feline, they track down the Joker and capture him for good.
Appearing in "Collector of Millionaires"
- Ali (Single appearance)
- Gotham City Police Department
- Howard Prescott (Single appearance)
- Judge Tower (Single appearance)
- Ronnie Tower (Single appearance)
- Carol Tower (Single appearance)
- Miles Rockley (Single appearance)
- Reginald Van Astor (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Collector of Millionaires"
Bruce Wayne learns that one of his fellow businessmen has changed extremely after going on vacation to a mysterious spa. As he investigates the case, Bruce is abducted by the master criminal Ali and is taken prisoner along with many other millionaires. Ali also sends doubles to pose as his hostages in order to steal from them.
Using his secret radio, Batman contacts Robin and informs him of the current situation. Robin goes to the place where Bruce is being held prisoner, breaks him free and gives him the Batsuit. Batman and Robin work together to bring Ali's organization down and reveal his foul play to the entire city. In the end, all the hostages return to their normal lives, including Bruce Wayne.
- Reprinted in Batman: The Dark Knight Archives Vol 5.
- This is the first Batman issue entirely penciled by Dick Sprang.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 19 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
Links and References
- No external links.