"Wanted for Murder-One, the Batman": A talk-show host who insults Commissioner Gordon and the Batman on his show is found dead, and all clues seem to point to the Batman as the culprit. As the Gotham City Police Department seeks to cap
- I'm hunted-- an outlaw!
- -- Batman
Appearing in "Wanted for Murder-One, the Batman"
- Jonah Jory (Only appearance; dies)
- Sy Semple (Single appearance)
- Squeaky Piper (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Wanted for Murder-One, the Batman"
A talk-show host who insults Commissioner Gordon and the Batman on his show is found dead, and all clues seem to point to the Batman as the culprit. As the Gotham City Police Department seeks to capture the Caped Crusader, Batman starts investigating on his own, outside of the law. Using unconventional methods, Batman manages to get information from the possible suspects of the crime and they provide Batman with enough evidence to find the real killer.
Batman returns to the crime scene, where Commissioner Gordon and the GCPD are waiting for him. When Batman is finally cornered by the law, he makes no attempt to escape and instead, he allows Gordon and some of his officers to hear his deduction of the crime. After explaining what he believes happened the night of the murder, the Police find enough evidence to corroborate Batman's theory and the killer is finally revealed at the talk-show host. The man had already been diagnosed with a terminal illness and he decided to kill himself and frame Batman for the crime, due to his extreme hatred towards the vigilante. After the whole case is closed, Batman's name is cleared up and he starts working on the side of the law once again.
Appearing in "Shutdown on York Street!"
- Art Saddows
- Alex Saddows (Single appearance)
- Chris Pike (Single appearance)
- Jack Donaldson (Single appearance)
- Duffy (Single appearance)
- Gotham City Police Department
- Vic (Only appearance; dies)
- GCPD Headquarters
- York Street
Synopsis for "Shutdown on York Street!"
Alex Saddows, son of Mystery Analyst Art Saddows, accidentally kills a drag-racing rival in what looks like a revenge strike, and the Batman gets on the case to find Alex and discover the truth behind the incident.
Following the clues left behind, Batman helps Alex get rid of some criminals who are taking advantage of his situation and then, he follows the young man, who is chashing the responsible of the fatal accident. Batman stops Alex from attacking Jack Donaldson, Alex's friend and mechanic, who tampered with the breaks of Alex's car. Donaldson wanted the attention of Alex's girlfriend Chris, and he thought that he would get it by framing Alex.
With the case closed, Art and his son decide to face the consequences of these unfortunate circumstances.
- This book was first published on July 16, 1970.
- "Wanted for Murder-One, the Batman" was reprinted in Best of DC #30.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 225 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- No external links.