"The Bruce Wayne Murder Case!": Batman is summoned to investigate a politician running for Mayor of Gotham, who claims that his opponent is responsible for the murder of Bruce Wayne. Batman, who had faked Bruce Wayne's death in order to go out of town, starts investig
- Seems like every creep I go against has a walking tub of suet whose brains are in his knuckles! They huff and puff and swing... work up a lot of sweat making like brawlers when they probably couldn't whip orphan Annie! Eventually I get tired of their antics... or maybe I feel sorry for them!
- -- Batman
Appearing in "The Bruce Wayne Murder Case!"
- Bilker (Single appearance)
- Richard (Single appearance)
- Osgood Peabody (Single appearance)
- Mister Harvey (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Bruce Wayne Murder Case!"
Batman is summoned to investigate a politician running for Mayor of Gotham, who claims that his opponent is responsible for the murder of Bruce Wayne. Batman, who had faked Bruce Wayne's death in order to go out of town, starts investigating the case and discovers that the man who claims against his opponent has a note with Bruce Wayne’s own handwriting, indicating the potential responsible for his murder.
Batman however knows that the note is fake, since he didn't write any note of the sort, but the forgery is very well made. For this reason, Batman has to discover how such a forgery was made and he locates an elder man, with a machine that can recreate any handwritting. Batman tries to capture the man, but the old man is cunning and stops Batman with an electric shock. While Batman is struggling to free himself from the trap, the forger escapes and Batman is only able to escape when the whole place is burnt to the ground, including the machine and the evidence.
Finally, Batman decides to follow the old man to the politician's place, where he assumed the man would go. Batman's hunch proves right and he is able to capture the corrupt politician while the man tries to get rid of the elder forger. By the time Batman has disposed of the criminal and his goon, Commissioner Gordon and his force arrive at the place and close the mystery.
A few days later, the headlines of the Gotham newspapers are all talking about the miraculous survival of Bruce Wayne after the plane crash in the jungle of South America and his return to Gotham City.
Appearing in Robin: "Who Stole the Gift from Nowhere!"
- Starly Evans (First appearance)
- Diane Lewis (First appearance)
- Luke Graham (First appearance)
- Mr. Gerson (Single appearance)
Synopsis for Robin: "Who Stole the Gift from Nowhere!"
Robin must learn who stole a $50,000 donation for the Hudson University library and left a student’s fingerprints all over the envelope, which was stuffed with newspapers. The authorities have found and locked the student, but Robin believes in his innocence and he starts looking for the real responsible behind the crime. Finally, Robin finds the crook and captures him, clearing the student's name and giving a good example to his peers at the University.
- "The Bruce Wayne Murder Case!" is reprinted on Saga of Ra's al Ghul #4 and Batman Illustrated by Neal Adams Vol 3.
- "Who Stole the Gift from Nowhere!" is reprinted on Showcase Presents: Robin, the Boy Wonder Vol. 1.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 245 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Images from Batman Vol 1 245
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- No external links.