"Merry Christmas": Batman and four captive people seem doomed to be killed by a gun-wielding gangster until a Christmas star distracts the hood enough for Batman to defeat him.
Appearing in "Merry Christmas"
- Chimp Manners (Single appearance)
- Martha (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Merry Christmas"
Batman and four captive people seem doomed to be killed by a gun-wielding gangster until a Christmas star distracts the hood enough for Batman to defeat him.
Appearing in "And a Deadly New Year!"
- Chimp Manners (Only appearance; dies)
- Wilson Ennet (Single appearance)
- Arthur Reeves (Cameo)
- Sandour Grogan (Single appearance)
- Mardsen Van Dyne III (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "And a Deadly New Year!"
After Batman has captured the crook, he tries to take him into police custody for stealing a vial of nerve gas from a Government facility. Unfortunately, the crook manages to escape with help from his gang and a few hours later, Batman is informed that someone has threatened the city with the nerve gas in order to have a criminal released from prison.
Batman and Robin must learn the location of a canister of nerve gas set to destroy the population of Gotham on New Year’s Eve, and find the perpetrator of the crime with help from their trusted butler, Alfred. Batman manages to locate the crook who stole the nerve gas, but during the confrontation, the crook is killed by one of his own thugs and Batman is left without clues as to who did the crook gave the nerve gas to. Meanwhile, Robin has managed to infiltrate the GCPD Headquarters, but his investigation turns useless when no information is available. Finally, Alfred is the only one who could find three possible suspects of the threat.
With the information that Alfred provided, Bruce, Dick and Alfred prepare a trap for the responsible to reveal himself and they succeed with only a few minutes to spare before the nerve gas is released. With this victory, Batman and Gotham City can enjoy the New Year's Eve party.
- Both stories are connected to each other and could be read as one single story.
- "Merry Christmas" is reprinted in Best of DC #22.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 247 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Images from Batman Vol 1 247
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- No external links.