Appearing in "Riddler on the Rampage"
Synopsis for "Riddler on the Rampage"
The Riddler breaks jail, leaving a message for Batman in his bunk. His new tactic, he vows, will be to inundate Batman in riddles. In this way he hopes to overload the hero's brain and make Batman unable to effectively oppose him. But Dick Grayson is down from college to do research, and lends a hand as Robin. Batman and his partner battle two members of the Riddler's gang disguised as the Riddler himself in a clock museum. But one of the Riddler's gimmicks draws them elsewhere so that his men can escape. Another clue leads them to a yacht club party, where they stop the Riddler from stealing a valuable ship model. The Riddler escapes, but the pair catch up to him at the Egyptian pavilion of the Gotham Art Museum, where he is trying to steal a solid gold model of the Sphinx. Robin remarks that the Sphinx, one of the world's greatest riddles, seems quite appropriate for the caper.
- This issue includes a one-page public service announcement featuring Superman titled, Justice for All Includes Children, 6.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 279 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Volume )
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at IGN Comics
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at Dark Knight
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes