Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Four Doorways to Danger!": Batman defeats the Special Police Unit in battle, impersonates their major, and, after bidding the freedom fighters goodbye, bluffs his way back onto his plane and heads out. His next stop is Burundi, where he contacts Col. Kafi in the Bure
Appearing in "Four Doorways to Danger!"
- Commissioner Gordon (Phone Call Only)
- Pamela Drew
- Pastor Goodwin
- Aldo Fondi (Flashback only)
- Jorge Zamora (Flashback only)
- Nkuma Serghor (Flashback only)
- Colonel Kafi
Synopsis for "Four Doorways to Danger!"
Batman defeats the Special Police Unit in battle, impersonates their major, and, after bidding the freedom fighters goodbye, bluffs his way back onto his plane and heads out. His next stop is Burundi, where he contacts Col. Kafi in the Bureau of Intelligence. There he learns that Nkuma Senghor had spoken of an abandoned church in the north country, used by white men for an unknown purpose. Batman lands in the vincinity, disguises himself as a mapmaking monk, and learns from one Pastor Goodwin of the church's location, near a spot where white men are mining "shining black earth." Unknown to Batman, the pastor is secretly an agent of Omega, the conspiracy he is fighting, and the hero is kayoed by mercenaries and dumped in the church.
Awakening, Batman finds speciments of the "shining black earth" nearby-- pitchblende, from which uranium is derived. Batman changes into his costume and battles his way out, discovering and destroying an apparatus for making a nuclear bomb. He learns from Goodwin that Dr. Lucas Nagy had been at the church, but that he and others sailed away on the ship Miramar. After Batman departs, Goodwin contacts Omega, one of whose members is Pamela Drew, and tells them what has taken place. Aboard his skyborne jet, Batman radios Commissioner Gordon and learns that the Miramar recently sailed to Panama. As he changes course to go to that country, he is surprised by two terrorists hidden within his plane, one of whom shoots him twice in the head.
- No special notes.
- Issue includes an advertisment for Hostess Fruit Pies featuring the Joker in "The Cornered Clown".
- This issue includes a one-page public service announcement featuring Superman titled, Justice for All Includes Children, 8.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 282 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Images from Batman Vol 1 282
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes