"Death -- Twenty Stories High": Batman is summoned to the roof of the GCPD Headquarters by Commissioner Gordon to receive a death threat sent through the mail to him, which almost comes true when a sniper shoots at him. Batman avoids t
Appearing in "Death -- Twenty Stories High"
- Robert Brand (Only appearance; dies)
- Sweet Lou Milligan aka Candyman (Single appearance)
- Hamilton (Only appearance; dies)
- Tom (Single appearance)
- Lenny (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Death -- Twenty Stories High"
Batman is summoned to the roof of the GCPD Headquarters by Commissioner Gordon to receive a death threat sent through the mail to him, which almost comes true when a sniper shoots at him. Batman avoids the shot and captures the would-be assassin, who says he has been hired by the Candyman, Sweet Lou Milligan. The murder attempt damaged the Bat-Signal and Gordon has it repaired the next day.
The next morning, Batman has to save Gordon and his rival for the post of police commissioner, Robert Brand, from being killed by two gunmen, who were actually aiming to kill him. He later contacts Lou Milligan himself and finds that the contract on him was financed by Bob Brand. When Batman goes to Brand's office, he finds Brand's corpse seated in his chair. Tom Hamilton, Brand's campaign manager, enters with a gun trained on Batman, and confesses he is behind Gotham's recent crime wave which recently discredited Gordon. He hoped to be able to control the city through Brand, but the candidate proved too honest, and Hamilton had to kill him. Batman disarms Hamilton, who trips over Brand's outstretched legs, falls out of a window, and dies. Batman has to duck gunfire coming through the window and, shortly afterwards, saves Gordon from being blown to bits by a bomb placed in the Bat-Signal by the fake repair men.
A week later, Gordon is once again elected police commissioner.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 325 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Images from Batman Vol 1 325
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- No external links.