"The Ghost of Wayne Mansion": Two children run out of the abandoned Wayne Manor, screaming in fright and claiming that the house is haunted. One of them runs into a police officer and tells his wild tale. The news circles back to Commissioner Gordon who
Appearing in "The Ghost of Wayne Mansion"
- GCPD officer
- Miss Crum
- Archie Harper (a criminal)
- Marko (a member of the Tobacconists' Club)
- Stymie (a child)
- Giant Penny
- Sonar Gun
Synopsis for "The Ghost of Wayne Mansion"
Two children run out of the abandoned Wayne Manor, screaming in fright and claiming that the house is haunted. One of them runs into a police officer and tells his wild tale. The news circles back to Commissioner Gordon who goes to the Wayne Foundation to ask Bruce Wayne for permission to inspect the house. Bruce doesn't want the GCPD accidentally stumbling upon the old Batcave, so he politely denies Gordon's request. Gordon snaps and angrily tells him that he is going through with the investigation whether Wayne likes it or not.
Meanwhile, Rupert Thorne returns to Gotham City after being locked away in Arkham Asylum for a over a year. He re-establishes his position at the Tobacconists' Club and tells his fellow members how he intends on putting his own political stooge in the mayor's office. He blackmails the other club members into supporting his scheme.
Commissioner Gordon hires famed ghost breaker Doctor Terrence Thirteen to accompany his officers on an inspection of the manor. Also in attendance is Miss Crum, manager of the Gotham Historical Society who has been administering to the upkeep of the mansion ever since Wayne abandoned it.
Batman secretly arrives at Wayne Manor and tries to seal off all of the known entrances to the Batcave. He detects that someone else has been inhabiting in the Batcave and begins exploring. Suddenly, the Man-Bat swoops down out of nowhere and attacks him. Doctor Thirteen enters the Batcave just as the Man-Bat grasps Batman by the throat.
Appearing in "Murder Will Out"
- Ronald Sawyer
- Mrs. Sawyer (Deceased)
- Peter Sawyer
- Ted Reston
Synopsis for "Murder Will Out"
Batman solves the murder of a wealthy woman, Mrs. Sawyer on her birthday. After inspecting the other members of her household, he deduces that she was killed by her husband, Ronald Sawyer in her study.
Appearing in "Night Of The Coven"
- Sharkey (First appearance)
- Hill's Circus (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Night Of The Coven"
Hitchhiking back to Gotham City, Dick Grayson accepts a ride from a bizarre, scarred man named Sharkey. He soon discovers that Sharkey is the leader of a Satanic coven about to perform a human sacrifice. Dick changes into his Robin costume and tries to stop the coven before they murder a young woman, but he gets captured and tied to a stake. The cultists prepare to offer Robin up as their next sacrifice.
- Poison Ivy planted a post-hypnotic suggestion into the minds of Bruce Wayne and the other Wayne Foundation board members so she could take possession of the company in Batman #339.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 341 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes