Appearing in "Last Laugh"
Synopsis for "Last Laugh"
After getting Arthur Reeves to confess that Rupert Thorne gave him doctored photos of the Batman’s “secret identity”, Batman goes after the Joker, is captured, and finds himself tied to the side of a cliff in New Jersey set to explode in the shape of giant Joker-bust that the Clown Prince of Crime so dearly wants but is thwarted by the caped crusader.
Appearing in "Fate Is the Killer"
- Power Shield
- The Power Sword
Synopsis for "Fate Is the Killer"
The Sailor of the Solar Winds known as Zodac arrives at the royal palace on the planet, Eternia. He warns the ruling council that the land's most powerful hero must leave Eternia forever or else he risks losing his life. Prince Adam knows that Zodac speaks of his alter ego, He-Man. He leaves the palace and summons the Sorceress in the hopes of gaining clarity as to Zodac’s cryptic warning. The Sorceress tells He-Man that his arch-nemesis, Skeletor, is very close to finding the second half of the fabled power-sword. If both halves of the sword are joined, he will have the power to rule all of Eternia.
Meanwhile, Skeletor instructs his henchmen, Mer-Man and Beast-Man to scour the Eternian Sea in search of clues as to the lost sword. He eventually discovers that the sword rests in the oceans of another world in a separate dimension – a world known as Earth.
Skeletor uses the magic at his command to transport the three of them to Earth. They plunge into Earth’s oceans and eventually recover one half of the power sword. Meanwhile, the super-hero known as Superman flies out over Metropolis Bay. He fights with a large sea-monster and eventually finds himself trapped in a whirling vortex. The vortex is the dimensional portal used by Skeletor, Beast-Man and Mer-Man for their return trip to Eternia.
Everyone arrives in front of Castle Grayskull. Superman assists in retrieving one of the other missing swords and gives it to He-Man. He-Man and Skeletor fight one another and impale each other upon their respective swords. Skeletor teleports back to his lair to nurse his wounds, leaving He-Man on the ground bleeding. Zodac arrives and uses his power to heal He-Man. He then creates another dimensional tunnel and returns Superman back to Earth.
Appearing in "The Sting -- Batman Style"
- Mr. Sinclair (Single appearance)
- Bronco Burns (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Sting -- Batman Style"
Robin is conned by two bunk artists into endorsing a phony fund drive for the Gotham Boy’s League. But after the crooks rob the money from the Boy’s League headquarters, Robin decides to bring them in on his own, and Batman lends a hand by acting like a fellow con man and together the the dynamic duo get the money back.
- This book was first published on August 12, 1982.
- "Last Laugh" was reprinted in Batman: King Tut's Tomb.
- "Fate Is the Killer" was included as a special insert in the following comics with November 1982 cover dates: Action Comics #537, All-Star Squadron #15, Arak, Son of Thunder #15, Batman #353, Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo Crew #9, Daring New Adventures of Supergirl #1, DC Comics Presents #51, Fury of Firestorm #6, Justice League of America #208, Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 2) #293, New Teen Titans #25, Superman #377, Warlord #63 and Wonder Woman #297.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 353 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- No external links.
This comic page is missing characters!
This comic page is missing one or more character appearances. If you find any characters that appear in this issue but are not included on the page, please add them to the Appearances list of the comic issue template.