Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Calling Dr. Batman": Batman prevents a radium robbery at Gotham Hospital. During his fight with the crooks, Batman is shot in the knee and the bullet shatters his kneecap. Batman then leaves and returns as Bruce Wayne, claiming to have been wounded while cleaning a g
- Only one person stands in my way- the Batman! He has outwitted me consistently, thanks to the Batmobile, Batplane, Bat Symbol and other revolutionary devices... But no more! The same weapons he has used against me, I can turn against him- with such improvements as only my genius could device!
- -- Joker
Appearing in "Calling Dr. Batman"
- Lou Darrell (Single appearance)
- Two Unnamed Gunmen (Single appearance)
- Dr. Avery Burton (Single appearance)
- Noreen O'Day (Single appearance)
- Dr. Phil King (Single appearance)
- Jerry Marshall (Single appearance)
- Gotham City
- Gotham Hospital
- Radiotherapy Machine
- X-Ray Equipment
Synopsis for "Calling Dr. Batman"
Batman prevents a radium robbery at Gotham Hospital. During his fight with the crooks, Batman is shot in the knee and the bullet shatters his kneecap. Batman then leaves and returns as Bruce Wayne, claiming to have been wounded while cleaning a gun.
During his stay at the hospital, Batman learns that the radium was actually stolen, though not by the gunmen. Despite his injury, Batman investigates, finds the missing radium, and the thief. Nurse Noreen O'Day suspects Bruce is Batman, but he convinces her otherwise by changing the pattern of his heart beat to throw off her test.
Appearing in "Hollywood Hoax"
- E.J. Loring (Single appearance)
- Sluggsy (Single appearance)
- Stephen Morgan (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Hollywood Hoax"
While Batman is in Hollywood shooting an anti-crime movie, crooks steal the film cannister containing a new movie produced by the studio. The crooks try to blackmail the studio for the film and Batman prepares a trap for the crooks, but it fails. However, Batman does recover the film merely by accident. Learning it is a flop, Batman suspects the director was involved in the theft. After gaining proof against the director, he apprehends the man along with his hired thieves.
Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson are later invited to the premiere of the Batman and Robin film, "Crime Doesn't Pay".
Appearing in "The Joker Follows Suit"
- Pete the Plumber (Single appearance)
- P.J. Gordon Museum (Single appearance)
- Joker-Signal (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The Joker Follows Suit"
After escaping from jail, the Joker creates his own versions of Batman's equipment including: a Jokermobile, Joker Signal, and Jokergyro helicopter. Joker then sells his services to crooks, who use the Joker Signal to summon him when then run into problems.
After a failed attempt to stop the Joker, Batman uses several Joker Signals to lure the crook out of hiding. Then he follows him back to his hide-out, but unfortunately Joker beats Batman and steals the Batmobile. Batman escapes the trap, then uses the Jokermobile to hunt down and capture the Joker, returning him to prison.
- This issue is reprinted on Batman: The Dark Knight Archives Vol 8.
- "The Joker Follows Suit" is reprinted in Batman in the Forties
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 37 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Images from Batman Vol 1 37
Links and References
- No external links.