"Day of Doom": A wounded Batman is unable to capture Calendar Man and instead, Robin has gone looking for the villain, disobeying Batman's orders. Although Robin finds the criminal, he is unable to capture him and
Appearing in "Day of Doom"
- Gotham City Police Department
- Monitor (Mentioned only)
- Bill Modell
- Rico Gervais (Single appearance) (Behind the scenes)
- Gotham City
Synopsis for "Day of Doom"
A wounded Batman is unable to capture Calendar Man and instead, Robin has gone looking for the villain, disobeying Batman's orders. Although Robin finds the criminal, he is unable to capture him and returns to the Batcave, where he makes a convincing argument that he should be allowed to collaborate with Batman.
The next night, Batman learns from the Gotham City Police Department that the man who wounded him the previous night was one of Dr. Fang’s thugs, who were responsible for hiring Calendar Man to eliminate Batman. Batman and Robin confront the thugs and learn that there is a middle-man between them and Calendar Man, someone called Monitor. After learning this, Batman allows the police to capture the entire gang.
In the upcoming nights, Batman and Robin come across the Calendar Man's path, but they are never able to stop him or prevent his crimes. Meanwhile, Vicki Vale is trying her best to keep her mind away from Bruce Wayne, which causes her small troubles on her daily life.
Finally, Batman and Robin deduce that Calendar Man's next crime will take place at the Gotham Zoo and after thwarting this caper, they follow the crook to his hideout, where Batman confronts the criminal alone, giving Robin orders to stay behind. However, when Robin notices that Batman has fallen for Calendar Man's death trap, he enters the place and assists Batman in defeating and capturing the crook. Despite Robin's failure to follow orders again, Batman forgives the kid as he saved his life in a dire situation.
- This issue takes place after the events of Detective Comics #551.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 385 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Images from Batman Vol 1 385
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes