"A Town on the Night": On his usual night patrol, Batman comes across petty crooks and he gets the unexpected assistance from Catwoman against them. For this reason, they decide to spend a night together. While the two of them try to enjoy
- Sometimes being a loner gets lonely.
- -- Batman
Appearing in "A Town on the Night"
- Franco (Single appearance)
- Tony (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "A Town on the Night"
On his usual night patrol, Batman comes across petty crooks and he gets the unexpected assistance from Catwoman against them. For this reason, they decide to spend a night together. While the two of them try to enjoy normal activities that couples would do, they are forced to fight crime on each occassion, ending the night capturing three drunks, one hitman, two muggers, three cokehead swingers and one armed robber for a total of ten criminals. However, there is something that keeps Catwoman concerned and that is the refusal from the Gotham City Police Department to accept her as the new vigilante in town. Knowing her concern, Batman comes up with a plan.
During the night, Commissioner Gordon endures hours of Harvey Bullock talking against Catwoman and how she is a menace to the city, but in his usual clumsy performance, Bullock destoys Gordon's office almost entirely. A few hours before dawn, Bullock leaves the GCPD Headquarters and Batman goes to Gordon's office with a surprise hanging outside the window. When Batman tells Gordon that he captured all those criminals with Catwoman's help, the lady enters the office with a couple of pizzas for them to enjoy. After they have devoured the pizzas, Catwoman asks if she is welcome as the new vigilante, to which Gordon replies that he was convinced much earlied by Harvey Bullock.
- The events of this issue take place after Detective Comics #558 and the story continues in Detective Comics #559.
- This issue also takes place after the Crisis on Infinite Earths has ended.
- There is a reference to the Walt Disney movie the Lady and the Tramp as Batman and Catwoman recreate the famous spaghetti scene.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 392 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
Links and References
- No external links.