"About Faces!": Batman and Catwoman have a misunderstanding and the lady is truthfully hurt knowing that Batman can't trust in her. The Dark Knight convinces her to stay with him until Two-Face is captured and Ca
- Listen to me, Dent! You're making the wrong choice! You don't have to succumb to evil just because half your face was ruined! You were once a good man! Then you turned half-good and half-evil... but now you're turning all evil! Don't you see? That proves you can go the other way too! You can return to being Harvey Dent again!
- -- Batman
Appearing in "About Faces!"
- Grimes (Final appearance)
Synopsis for "About Faces!"
Batman and Catwoman have a misunderstanding and the lady is truthfully hurt knowing that Batman can't trust in her. The Dark Knight convinces her to stay with him until Two-Face is captured and Catwoman agrees.
In the meantime, Two-Face has decided to join Circe in her plan to steal an ancient Egyptian sarcophagus that is said to have magical purposes that can restore one's face. This, however, is a plan devised by Batman to try and make Two-Face return to his former personality as Harvey Dent. The "robbery" is successful and Circe returns with Two-Face to his hideout, followed closely by Batman and Catwoman.
Elsewhere, Jason Todd is on a date with his girlfriend, Rena, when he notices the Bat-Signal and leaves in order to aid Batman. At that moment, Two-Face and Circe open the sarcophagus and they use the mask of the pharaoh to bring back Harvey Dent. Of course, the "magic" doesn't work and Two-Face goes into a private room to meditate with his coin.
Coming out of his room, Two-Face has his face restored to normal, but he then attacks Circe and removes the make-up, revealing a double make-up layer to create a full scarred face. Batman and Catwoman enter the place just as Two-Face's thugs arrive. A confrontation starts and as Catwoman takes down Two-Face's goons, Batman deals with their leader. In the middle of the fight, Robin arrives, smashing the door on Catwoman's face and uses a Batarang to distract Two-Face, giving Batman the perfect chance to attack the criminal and stop his madness. With Two-Face defeated and Circe nowhere to be found, Batman and Catwoman decide to discuss their future on a later occasion.
- This issue takes place after the events of Detective Comics #564. The next story starts in Detective Comics #565.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 398 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
Links and References
- No external links.