- If you want Robin to stay dead, that's okay with me. But you've trained me too well -- made me what I am. You can't keep me from pursuing my own destiny.
- -- Dick Grayson
Appearing in "Did Robin Die Tonight?"
- Alfred Pennyworth
- Commissioner Gordon
- Jason Todd (First appearance chronologically)
- Vicki Vale
- Catherine Todd (In a photograph only)
- Joe Chill (Flashback only)
- Martha Wayne (Dies in flashback)
- Penguin (Cameo)
- Thomas Wayne (Dies in flashback)
Synopsis for "Did Robin Die Tonight?"
In a rooftop confrontation, the Joker manages to shoot Robin before making a getaway attempt. The media thinks that the young hero is dead, but although he has survived, Batman forbids him to become Robin again.
The anniversary of the death of Batman's parents arrives some weeks later, and he makes his annual visit to Crime Alley to pay his respects. The alley is remarkably quiet - it seems word of this regular visit has got around the criminal fraternity. Despite this, Batman discovers that a young kid named Jason Todd has stolen the tires from the Batmobile. Retrieving his property, Batman is persuaded not to hand Todd over to the police or social services. Instead, Jason is taken to Fay Gunn's School For Boys where, once Batman has left, he meets a hostile reception.
- This issue is told as a flashback. It retells the origin of Jason Todd in Post-Crisis continuity.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 408 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Images from Batman Vol 1 408
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Volume )
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at IGN Comics
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at Dark Knight
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes