Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Millennium": To his utter amazement, Batman has just been pistol-whipped and pushed out a window by a man he believed to be his staunch ally, Commissioner Gordon. Saving himself by grabbing a building ledge, Batman dodges Gordon's bullets and swings back inside police headquarters to confront t
- I've known Commissioner Jim Gordon for more years than I'd care to admit. During that time a friendship has grown that I thought was as solid as a rock. I would have trusted my life to the man.
- -- Batman
Appearing in "Millennium"
Synopsis for "Millennium"
To his utter amazement, Batman has just been pistol-whipped and pushed out a window by a man he believed to be his staunch ally, Commissioner Gordon. Saving himself by grabbing a building ledge, Batman dodges Gordon's bullets and swings back inside police headquarters to confront the being he now realizes is actually a Manhunter, but the impostor has already escaped. Batman deduces that the Floronic Man, currently a prisoner at Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane, is one of those "chosen" by the Oans for their Millennium Project and thus a target for the Manhunters, and he returns to the Batcave. Meanwhile, in Tannersville, a rural community outside Gotham City, Robin has trailed the Scarecrow to his hideout in an abandoned barn. Impulsively shattering the villain's vials of fear gas, he causes the Scarecrow's own weapon to render him helpless, and apprehends the costumed criminal. That night, Batman and Robin enter Arkham Asylum under the very noses of the fake Commissioner Gordon and his men, arriving in an ambulance disguised as a badly-beaten Scarecrow and his attending physician. They use the Scarecrow's fear gas to overcome a score of the asylum's most dangerous inmates, whom "Gordon" has released in the exercise yard under guard, then use drug-tipped darts to put most of the police officers and guards present out of action. In a skirmish with the two crimefighters, the ersatz Commissioner is revealed as a robot when he is accidentally hit by a shotgun blast by one of "his" own men. Finally, Batman is forced to destroy the robot with a plastique explosive and, having to choose between helping the Floronic Man and seeking out the real Commissioner Gordon, he and Robin depart. Back at the Batcave, data contained in the severed head of the Gordon robot reveals that the true Gordon has gone to Louisiana.
- This story is reprinted in the Batman: Second Chances collected edition.
- This issue is a "Millennium" Week Two tie-in issue.
- In his attempt to get inside Arkham, Batman uses the Scarecrow's fear gas on several of the inmates. Amongst these is the Joker who responds to the chemicals with terror. However, when the Scarecrow attempts to use his fear gas on the Joker in Detective Comics #664 during the Knightfall Saga, it has no effect.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 415 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- Batman series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Batman series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Batman series index at DC Indexes
- Batman series index at DCU Guide
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at Wikipedia
- Batman at Toonopedia
|Millennium Crossover |
The events from this issue are related to Millennium, a 1988 crossover event spanning through all DC Titles, in which the Guardians of the Universe left and Earth was put in danger by the robotic Manhunter Cult.