"Ten Nights of the Beast: Part II": Another couple is found dead at the hands of the KGBeast, an important mathematician and her boyfriend, who had opened their morning Orange Juice bottle to find it had been replaced with an identical container of nerve gas. This
Appearing in "Ten Nights of the Beast: Part II"
- Gotham City Police Department
- John Kahill (Only appearance; dies)
- Silvia Burrows (Only appearance; dies)
- Ben Wilder (Only appearance; dies)
- Arty (Single appearance)
- Benny (Single appearance)
- Ralphy (Single appearance)
- Raoul (Single appearance)
- Lin (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Ten Nights of the Beast: Part II"
Another couple is found dead at the hands of the KGBeast, an important mathematician and her boyfriend, who had opened their morning Orange Juice bottle to find it had been replaced with an identical container of nerve gas. This results in the increasing of the security by the entire Anti-KGBeast task force at a banquet being held for the next victim to insure his safety. Nonetheless, the KGBeast has Salari poison all of the banquet's food, and 80 people are killed, including the presidential advisor on the SDI program. Although Batman gives chase, and manages to get on top of their car, the two terrorists simply point it at a school bus and bail out, forcing Batman to save the lives of the children while they escape.
Batman begins to believe the KGBeast has a mole in their organization, and suspects mainly either mysterious Agent Yevtushenko of the KGB, or the boisterous and seemingly incompetent Agent Parker of the FBI. Alienating the suspects of his plans with Commissioner Gordon, Batman proceeds to interrogate several informants on the streets in order to learn the Beast's most likely next target.
Like this, the KGBeast blows up the hotel room of a "Senator Dayle"; which had actually only contained dummies, using a rocket launcher. The decoy was enough to give Batman the KGBeast location. They fight across the rooftops of Gotham City, and although Batman sticks him with "enough dope to put out any two normal men his size," the KGBeast sticks a knife deep in his forearm and escapes without much effort. Batman begins to worry that he may have finally met someone better at what he does than he is.
- This is the second chapter of the Ten Nights of the Beast storyline and as such is reprinted in Batman: Ten Nights of the Beast.
- The "Gotham Excelsior Hotel" is probably a homage to Stan Lee, who uses the word "excelsior" as a catchphrase.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 418 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Images from Batman Vol 1 418
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes
[[Category:Batman: Ten Nights of the Beast|Batman Vol 1 0418]]
|Ten Nights of the Beast|
|Batman #417||Batman #418||Batman #419||Batman #420|