"The Last Death of the Batman": Gotham police are on the scene of a homicide, when they find that the deceased scratched a bat into the carpet before she died. Back at Wayne Manor, a frustrated Bruce Wayne laments to [[Alfred Pennyworth (New Earth)|Alfred Pennyworth]
- With the exception of Bruce Wayne, who was a logical if erroneous choice to be on the list, each of these men had a part in the process that led to my becoming the Batman. These were the men who trained me.
- -- Batman
Appearing in "The Last Death of the Batman"
- Jerry Sawyer (Final appearance)
- Ceremonial dagger of the Chawaldra
Synopsis for "The Last Death of the Batman"
Gotham police are on the scene of a homicide, when they find that the deceased scratched a bat into the carpet before she died. Back at Wayne Manor, a frustrated Bruce Wayne laments to Alfred Pennyworth that so long as the police are at the Manor protecting him, he cannot leave as Batman, preventing him from finding the Bat-killer. Finally, Wayne can take it no longer, and risks sneaking into the Batcave. Alfred distracts the police, by bringing out a tray of food. In the cave, Batman analyzes the list of the Batkiller's victims so far. He follows a clue to the apartment of a man named Bosch, only to find that Bosch is dead. Batman disguises himself as importer/exporter Mr. Shastri and arranges a meeting with a Mr. Jones, who turns out to be the Batkiller in disguise. Batman confronts Jones, but is given an electric shock and Jones escapes. Batman tracks down the killer, Jerry Sawyer, and stops him in the middle of his next murder.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 435 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes
|The Many Deaths of the Batman|
|Part One: Batman #433||Part Two: Batman #434||Part Three: Batman #435|