"Earth Day! Demon Night!": Batman falls to a certain death after the The Demon cuts the Batrope from which Batman was hanging. Using the cape of his Batsuit, Batman stops his fall by grabbing a flagpole. In the meantime, The Dem
Appearing in "Earth Day! Demon Night!"
- Nikita Krakov
- Vicki Vale
- NKVDemon (Final appearance; Dies)
- Mikhail Gorbachev
- Anna Petrova (Final appearance)
- Boris (Final appearance)
- Pyotr Pushkin (Final appearance; Dies)
- Kropotkin (Only appearance; dies)
- Tanya Krakov (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Earth Day! Demon Night!"
Batman falls to a certain death after the The Demon cuts the Batrope from which Batman was hanging. Using the cape of his Batsuit, Batman stops his fall by grabbing a flagpole. In the meantime, The Demon has descended to the ground floor and killed his intended victim. Afterwards, Officer Nikita Krakov tells Batman that he needs to keep his activities low-profile so that the higher-ups don't interfere with their work.
Batman returns to his hotel room, where Vicki Vale is waiting for him to fulfill his word and go on a date with her. Bruce opens the door, pretending to have been taking a nap and after a quick shower, he and Vicki go out for an evening stroll in a nearby park. In the meantime, The Demon continues his killing streak and murders two more people of his list of victims, leaving only one last man. While Bruce and Vicki talk about the current situation of Russia, Vicki reminds Bruce that Mikhail Gorbachev will make a speech on the birthday of Lenin, the same day as Earth Day, which is an effort to stop the human activities that are polluting the world. With this information, Bruce realizes who is the last victim in The Demon's list and he leaves Vicki all alone, but she promises to meet him in Gotham. As all this happens, The Demon places a bomb underwater, somewhere in the city.
At night, Batman talks to Krakov and tells him about The Demon's next target. The next day, the police and Batman are all part of the security measures for Gorbachev's speech and when The Demon's bomb explodes, it creates a perfect distraction for the killer to attack Gorbachev. Batman deduces the plan of action and prevents the killer from claiming his last victim. The last confrontation is brutal as The Demon cuts open Batman's chest injury for the third time and Batman breaks The Demon's hand. Batman then takes The Demon's gun and points it at him, just as The Demon removes a grenade's security ring. The Demon is then shot dead by Krakov and the Police Officers, causing his body to drop on top of the grenade and blowing the Demon's body in flames. Batman is spared the need to kill The Demon himself and Krakov allows him to leave in order to prevent the authorities to detain him for questioning.
As Bruce Wayne leaves Russia, he tells his assistant Anna, that he has already made arrangements to start business in one of the factories she showed him and that she is bound to be promoted for her assistance. As the car leaves the hotel, Krakov watches from afar, with a smile that hints the fact that he has deduced Bruce's secret.
- In yet another uncharacteristic portrayal of Batman, the character holds a gun to the villain of the story at the climax.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 447 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)