"The Queen of Hearts": Batman tracks a serial killer known as the Queen of Hearts (whose life he had saved three years ago, over her protests) to Rio de Janeiro, where he finds an unwelcoming police captain and scores of mindless tee
Appearing in "The Queen of Hearts"
- Queen of Hearts (First appearance)
- The Idiot (First appearance)
- Zeno (First appearance)
- Dr. Crosby (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The Queen of Hearts"
Batman tracks a serial killer known as the Queen of Hearts (whose life he had saved three years ago, over her protests) to Rio de Janeiro, where he finds an unwelcoming police captain and scores of mindless teenagers wandering the streets. Though local officials explain these "dead boys" away as simple drug addicts, Batman remains perturbed and suspicious as he sets out to find the Queen.
Knowing that the Queen specializes in drug dealers, Batman confronts a teenage dealer named Zeno in an alley, but is caught off-guard when Zeno shoves a sample of some drug into his mouth. As Zeno escapes, Batman finds himself beset by powerful hallucinations, and encounters a strange supernatural being that calls himself "the Idiot". Batman eventually overcomes the hallucinations, but the Idiot and his partner, an old scientist named Crosby, remain determined to break his mind as they did the dead boys'.
Shortly after, Zeno crosses paths with the Queen of Hearts, who chases him all the way to the home of his employer and supplier - Crosby. Before the Queen can attack Zeno and Crosby, Batman intervenes, and the ensuing fight breaks several bottles of the drug that Crosby had been supplying Zeno with. As Batman and the Queen inhale the drugs' fumes, they find themselves plunged into a hallucinatory world inhabited by the Idiot.
The story is continued in Detective Comics #639.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 472 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Images from Batman Vol 1 472
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes
This comic page is missing characters!
This comic page is missing one or more character appearances. If you find any characters that appear in this issue but are not included on the page, please add them to the Appearances list of the comic issue template.
|The Idiot Root|
|Batman #472||Detective Comics #639||Batman #473||Detective Comics #640|