- The cape protected me, but it should be more than defense...the cape itself must become a weapon. The system...it's still good for some things.
Appearing in "Blood Kin"
- Graham Etchison
Synopsis for "Blood Kin"
Batman sees a vision of Saint Dumas and Azrael telling him he has failed his father's legacy by tacking up the mantle of the bat. Saint Dumas says that Jean-Paul was meant to be the savior of the city not a ruthless assassin meant for destruction. Azrael fails to believe in it causing Saint Dumas to stab him with his blade killing him. Before fading away, Azrael tells Jean-Paul to carry his legacy on but won't. As the police arrive they notice Batman swing off away from the house.
At the courtyard, Abbaitor breaks the bones of his ancestors and sucks on the pieces. Jean-Paul investigates on the computer files on Abbatoir learning that he intends on killing his cousin's son, Graham Etchinson. Meanwhile, Graham Etchinson is announced the gues of honor at the Wayne Foundation hall. Batman discoveries that Abbatoir was using his ancestors souls and drives in the Batmobile to locate Abbatoir.
The next evening, Graham and a group of kids come to locate their bus to go on a camping trip. While the driver is walking to his car, Abbatoir sneaks up on him hilling him and disguising himself as the driver. The kids and Graham get on the bus noticing there usual bus driver is not driving them. Abbatoir takes out a gun pointing it towards Graham saying he intends on killing him. While Batman drives next to the bus, he jumps off landing on the roof. He grabs Abbatoir fighting him on the roof. Abbatoir recovers using a blade to pierce Batman's cape.
But before he finishes him off Batman notices the bus is going to fall of a cliff into the snow below. Abbatoir falls onto the train carrying him away knowing he made the right the decision to save the kids. He leaves them going to improve the cape making it more then just defense
- This issue is part of the "Knightquest: The Crusade" crossover event.
- This issue is reprinted in Batman: Knightfall Volume Two: Knightquest.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 505 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Volume )
Links and References
- No external links.
|Knightfall Saga Crossover|
This comic issue is a part of the massive Knightfall crossover event. Knightfall consisted of three parts, Knightfall, Knightquest, and KnightsEnd. The trilogy involved Batman's back being broken by Bane, the debut and subsequent descent into madness of Bruce Wayne's successor Batman Jean-Paul Valley, and Bruce Wayne's recovery and reclamation of his former title, combatting Valley himself. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Knightfall Crossover" category.