"Nightmares": Batman roams the night streets stopping regular crimes when a call from the police radio caught his attention. There has been some murders under mysterious circumstances and Batman decides to investigate the matter further. He visits one of the crime sce
- Sweet dreams, Batman...become bitter nightmare...when the goddess of sleep and death must be appeased...and your life becomes hers.
- -- The Sleeper
Appearing in "Nightmares"
Synopsis for "Nightmares"
Batman roams the night streets stopping regular crimes when a call from the police radio caught his attention. There has been some murders under mysterious circumstances and Batman decides to investigate the matter further. He visits one of the crime scenes, contacts the GCPD forensic doctor and asks Gordon's files to help himself in the investigation.
In some place of the city, a mysterious woman, known only as Sleeper, performs a ritual to a sleep and death goddess and in a vision she finds her next goal; her next killing. Batman deduced who the next victim would be and set out to stop the crime; but by the time he arrives the victim was already poisoned and died from an induced heart attack. Batman went after the woman to the rooftop of the building but he wasn't careful enough and ended up inhaling some of the same gas the Sleeper used to kill the victim. Batman starts to feel dizzy and some nightmarish visions come to him gradually as he finds himself at mercy of the Sleeper.
- This issue is the first one that is not part of a crossover storyline since Batman #492.
- This issue is reprinted in Batman by Doug Moench & Kelley Jones Volume 1.
- Mackenzie Bock gets his nickname "Hardback" by Harvey Bullock on this issue.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 516 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Images from Batman Vol 1 516
Links and References
- No external links.