"Frozen Assets": Batman must stop Mister Freeze from a plot involving the murders of several old people, while Mister Freeze is demonically empowered. During the events of "Underworld Unleashed", the demon Neron granted Freeze the power of [[:Category:Cryokin
- We all have one of these inside our heads...a symbol of death without wich we cannot live. And if we use what's inside our heads...eventually we will live to conquer death.
Appearing in "Frozen Assets"
- Mister Freeze
- Ice and Cube
- Alfred Pennyworth
- The Gotham City Police Department
- James Gordon
- Sarah Essen
- Mister Freeze's Victims
- Comstock (Only appearance; dies)
- Jaynes (Only appearance; dies)
- Mr. Vandemeer (Only appearance; dies)
- Kaminski (Single appearance)
- Sperling (Single appearance)
- Ransome (Only appearance; dies)
Synopsis for "Frozen Assets"
Batman must stop Mister Freeze from a plot involving the murders of several old people, while Mister Freeze is demonically empowered. During the events of "Underworld Unleashed", the demon Neron granted Freeze the power of Cryokinesis, the control over ice. Freeze plans to make money claiming to cryogenically freeze some of Gotham's old and wealthy, but simply leave them dead in his ice and take all of their assets. When the five elderly marks he chooses each in turn refuse, he realizes he will be unable to even fake their complicity in his plans, and decides to kill them merely on principle. His henchmen, Ice and Cube, worry along the way that Mister Freeze has gone even crazier than he normally is, but still actively participate. Batman and Robin track the three down, and are able to meet them at the third house they plan on robbing. Although Batman is eventually able to stop Mister Freeze by shattering his helmet with an antique shield, he is left unsatisfied as he was unable to save the third man's life, and Freeze got away with four murders (including a valet).
- This issue is a tie-in to the Underworld Unleashed crossover.
- This issue is reprinted in Batman by Doug Moench & Kelley Jones Volume 1.
- Mister Freeze's henchmen were named Ice and Cube as an intended pun. Both characters spoke only in rhymes with Ice making a rhyme of everything Cube said.
- There are small references to The Beatles and Sean Connery's James Bond movies.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 525 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References