- Fear serves no purpose beyond triggering the primitive instinct of flight for self-preservation... but in this case we have to face our beast, hunt it down, and slay it.
- -- Batman
Appearing in "Legacy, Prelude: Twelve Steps to the Heart of Hell"
- D.A. Seth Voder (First appearance)
- Bruce Wayne's Private Jet
Synopsis for "Legacy, Prelude: Twelve Steps to the Heart of Hell"
Bruce, Tim and Dick are on their way to Sudan to find the cure to the Ebola Gulf-A virus. They change into their costumes and drop somewhere in the desert. Batman guided them through the desert until they found the entrance to the ruins they were seeking. They engaged in combat with the people guarding the entrance and once they were inside they found twelve empty bottles. The bottles have symbols on them that represent the Zodiac signs and on the bottom there were some lines carved. Batman put them in the Zodiac order and then transcribed the lines in that same order. In the end the lines were showing some kind of map.
In Gotham City, The Penguin was planning to stir some chaos in the city by telling D.A. Voder to announce a forced quarantine over the people who was infected by the virus. Commissioner Gordon feared that Voder's announcement might end up bad and Huntress told him not to worry about that. She later went to Voder's office and took down his bodyguards in front of him and told him to say in his press conference that everything is under control.
Batman, Nightwing and Robin were using the map to travel through the ruins. When they reached a dead end, Batman deviced a way out by moving a big rock on the top of the roof. The three of them went out back to a desertic area but this time they found a camp full of tents and heavy machinery. They tried to sneak into that camp but were soon discovered and surrounded by enemies. An elevator door opened and revealed three figures coming out of it; one of them was the master mind that was looking the same secrets of the virus to turn it into a weapon. The three vigilantes are shocked by the sight of him...
- The events of this issue take place between Shadow of the Bat #53 and Detective Comics #700.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Legacy collected edition.
- This issue is to be considered as a prelude to the Batman: Legacy storyline.
- Batman states that the guards of the ruins are Tuareg.
- The writer uses the Zodiac signs to develop the main story.
- The quote in page one that reads: When the world is pregnant with death, a secret long hidden will be revealed. is said to be from an anonymous author. This in fact isn't true. The original quote changes the word "death" for "lies" and its author is Mark Mirabello; a writer who specialises in secret societies and conspiracy theories.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 533 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes
|Batman: Legacy Crossover
The events from this issue are related to the Legacy crossover that went through the Batman Family Titles in 1996. The events of Legacy lead into Batman: Cataclysm, and ultimately No Man's Land.