Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Legacy, Part Five: A Wound on the Heart of Heaven": Batman is in Calcutta, waiting for Oracle to contact him and give him more information on the possible locations of the virus. Oracle contacted him and told him
- I'm dressed this way... to save the world.
- -- Batman
Appearing in "Legacy, Part Five: A Wound on the Heart of Heaven"
- Urchin (Single appearance)
- Festival of Durga
- Temple of Kali
Synopsis for "Legacy, Part Five: A Wound on the Heart of Heaven"
Batman is in Calcutta, waiting for Oracle to contact him and give him more information on the possible locations of the virus. Oracle contacted him and told him that the League of Assassins might be listening to their communications so she told Batman to go to the Temple of Kali to meet someone that she arranged to assist him in the search of the virus.
Batman went to the place but find only an Urchin; a street kid. The kid was curious about Batman's appearance and Batman told the kid to stay away to protect him. Suddenly, Lady Shiva arrived at the place and told Batman that Oracle contacted her and was there to help the dark knight. The two of them were ambushed by the League of Assassins, but they were no match to the combined forces of Shiva and Batman.
Batman and Shiva started to roam the city and the urchin followed them closely. They arrived to Hindu festival named Festival of Durga; where some big-sized wax statues of the goddess Durga were thrown into the river as a symbol of hope and courage. Shiva spotted some suspiciuos activity near one of the statues so she and Batman decided to go. At the sight of Batman, two men ran away but Batman reached them in no time. Shiva and Batman engaged in combat once more with members of the League of Assassins. One of them pulled out a gun and was ready to shoot Batman, but the urchin tackled the assassin. This one, enraged shot the kid instead. An angry Batman broke the assassin's arm and forced him to tell were the virus was. The assassin told Batman the truth before exploding gas into his mouth and killing himself.
The virus was in one of the goddess wax figures. Batman dived into the river to find the virus. A second before giving up, Batman saw the virus and he took it away from the river, preventing it from mixing with the water that most of Calcutta used. Once in the surface, Batman reached Shiva and the urchin who didn't die from the shooting. Batman carried the child with renewed hope.
- This is the fifth part of the Batman: Legacy storyline.
- The events of this issue take place between Shadow of the Bat #54 and Detective Comics #701.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Legacy collected edition.
- Lady Shiva mentions her last encounter with Batman. It happenned in Robin #8 during the KnightsEnd storyline.
- The kid in the story is called an urchin. This is another word for saying Street children.
- The Festival of Durga is a real life celebration and it's rarely celebrated in Calcutta.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 534 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes
|Batman: Legacy Crossover
The events from this issue are related to the Legacy crossover that went through the Batman Family Titles in 1996. The events of Legacy lead into Batman: Cataclysm, and ultimately No Man's Land.