Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"The Egyptian Falcon": The Penguin, bored with life as owner of the Iceberg Lounge, has decided to return to his old compulsory habits of stealing bird-related artifacts. He breaks into the Gotham Museum of Antiquities and steals a four-thousand year old statue of the Egyptian God, H
Appearing in "The Egyptian Falcon"
- Laser Umbrella
- Gas Umbrella
- Knife Umbrella
Synopsis for "The Egyptian Falcon"
The Penguin, bored with life as owner of the Iceberg Lounge, has decided to return to his old compulsory habits of stealing bird-related artifacts. He breaks into the Gotham Museum of Antiquities and steals a four-thousand year old statue of the Egyptian God, Horus.
Hours later, the burglary is reported and detectives Bullock and Montoya arrive on the scene. They find that the penguin has left behind a booby-trapped egg-shaped flash grenade beneath the bones of a giant dinosaur. The egg-bomb explodes, but Bullock and Montoya are unharmed.
Back at Wayne Manor, Vesper Fairchild and Bruce Wayne share their first kiss. Vesper tells Bruce that she loves him, but Bruce feels to awkward to express how he truly feels. Vesper leaves the room agitated.
Batman later learns of the museum robbery and investigates. Knowing instantly that the Penguin is responsible, he checks out all of his known hideouts. He ultimately comes to the Aviary where he finds the Penguin. The Penguin tells Batman that he has already fenced the statue of Horus. Even though Batman knows the Penguin is guilty, there is nothing legally he can do to him. He has no proof that will stand up in court. The two fight briefly and Batman knocks him out. He finds where the statue is and returns it to the museum (the Penguin lied about selling it overseas).
The Penguin, glad to have re-lived his golden days one more time, returns to his function as a lounge owner.
- This is the second and last part of the storyline labeled as The Penguin Returns, featuring the Penguin commiting crimes in an old-fashioned way. After this issue he returns to be an underground mob leader.
- As in the previous issue, Penguin states that Shakespeare is his favorite bard and makes a reference to one of his works.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 549 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes