"The Case of the 48 Jokers!": When the Joker realizes that he's been missing opportunities for robberies while working on other crimes, he decides to start his own criminal school, where he prepares thugs from all the 48 States of the country to become part of the largest n
Appearing in "The Case of the 48 Jokers!"
- Duke Wilson (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Case of the 48 Jokers!"
When the Joker realizes that he's been missing opportunities for robberies while working on other crimes, he decides to start his own criminal school, where he prepares thugs from all the 48 States of the country to become part of the largest network of criminals. After the thugs are ready, Joker plans crimes all across the country at the same time with the same objective. Batman and Robin learn of the cross-country crimes and they investigate some of the captured thugs from other states. The Dynamic Duo confront the Joker in his base of operations, but the madman has prepared a trap for them, forcing Batman to wear an over-sized version of the Batsuit for his own amusement. In the end, Batman manages to break free and forces to Joker to trigger all sorts of traps inside a trick house, after which the Joker pleads to be taken to prison.
Appearing in "Bruce Wayne, Rookie Policeman!"
- Commissioner Gordon
- Officer Mike Granite (Only appearance; dies)
- Officer Jack Bennett (Single appearance)
- Officer Johnson (Flashback only)
- Longshoreman Kid (Single appearance)
- Alfred Beagle (Cameo)
- Beverly (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Bruce Wayne, Rookie Policeman!"
When a police officer dies on duty, he asks Bruce Wayne to carry on his honorable work and Bruce has no other option but to honor a dying man's wish. Bruce is able to become a member of the Gotham City Police Department, but his duties create conflict with his work as Batman. For this reason, Bruce prepares the final act as Officer Wayne and captures a large criminal gang before giving up his badge.
Appearing in "The Bandit of the Bells!"
- Gong (Single appearance)
- Henry Morton (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Bandit of the Bells!"
Batman and Robin have to stop the crimes of Gong, a criminal who has taken it upon himself to control every sort of bell in existence. When Gong steals a very valuable bell, Batman is able to find the criminal using special equipment and after a lengthy chase, Gong is arrested and sent to prison.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 55 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Images from Batman Vol 1 55
- Batman: The Killing Joke
- Batman: The Man Who Laughs
- Batman: Lovers and Madmen
- Batman: A Death in the Family
- Joker: Devil's Advocate
- Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth
- The Joker's Last Laugh
- Superman: Emperor Joker
- Superman/Batman: With a Vengeance!
- The Greatest Joker Stories Ever Told
- Joker (Graphic Novel)
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes