"Ballistic's Evidence": Ballistic is hired by a group of suspicious men to recover some "evidence" from Gotham City. Ballistic told them that he was taking the case but that if it was something wrong, he woul do the right thing. They attacked him when they decided
- I always do the right thing...and if you're paying me to do a wrong thing, you just bought your downfall.
- -- Ballistic
Appearing in "Ballistic's Evidence"
- Ballistic (Flashback and main story)
- Drug Dealers (Single appearance)
- Pohalik (Single appearance)
- Batman (Jean-Paul Valley) (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Ballistic's Evidence"
Ballistic is hired by a group of suspicious men to recover some "evidence" from Gotham City. Ballistic told them that he was taking the case but that if it was something wrong, he woul do the right thing. They attacked him when they decided he was dangerous for them, but Ballistic wasn't hurt by their bullets. He took the fee money and set out to Gotham.
At the ruins of Gotham, a National Guard man is attacked by some gunsels and Batman saved his life. Ballistic arrived in time to help Batman with the snipers and after an unlikely greeting, Batman and Ballistic decided to join forces to clean the place from the hired thugs and recover the evidence Ballistic was looking for. Batman and Ballistic faced more thugs but the two of them took all of them out of the way with ease. Once they reached the target building, they found the evidence which turned to be a case full of drugs. Ballistic tossed it in the air and shot at it.
Ballistic told Batman that he was going to locate the people who hired him to turn them to the authorities and that he can join him if he wished to; but Batman replied that his place was in Gotham and nowhere else.
- This issue is reprinted in Batman: Road to No Man's Land Vol. 1 (Collected).
- There is a reference to American actor John Wayne.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 557 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Images from Batman Vol 1 557
Links and References
- No external links.
|Batman: Cataclysm Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Cataclysm crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1998. Gotham City was almost completely destroyed by a massive earthquake. This story led into the events that would eventually create No Man's Land.