Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Appearing in "Dead City"
- The Bones Gang (Single appearance)
- Nurse Brass (Single appearance)
- Gina (Voice only) (Single appearance)
- Gina's husband (Single appearance)
- KGC Radio Station
- GCPD Headquarters
- Mercy Hospital
- Gotham Bridge (Collapses)
Synopsis for "Dead City"
Commissioner Gordon is trying to find all the available police officers to help an entire city but most of them are leaving as well. Batman and Robin showed up and offered their help to the Commissioner who told them about a siege in progress at Mercy Hospital and also that there were only two officers there at the moment: Renee Montoya and Harvey Bullock. The dynamic duo set out to the hospital without any delay.
At Mercy Hospital, the street gang called "The Bones" wanted to break into the hospital and loot all the drug supplies storaged. Montoya and Bullock tried to keep them at bay, but after noticing that there were only two cops, the gang was encouraged to attack the hospital. Bullock and Montota retrieved inside the hospital and helped the doctors and nurses to move the patients away from the danger zone as the gang started shooting and throwing rocks at them. Batman and Robin arrived in time to stop some of the thugs from entering the hospital through the back door but they missed a couple of thugs who climbed the side of the hospital and reached the roof and managed to enter the hospital without being noticed.
Batman and Robin spotted that the gang was gathering at the front entrance of the hospital and they were all entering a big truck. Batman assumed that they were going to drive the truck through the main doors and he guessed right. Meanwhile inside the hospital, Harvey Bullock and a nurse he has befriended stopped the couple of thugs who entered the building by the roof and once they knocked the thugs, they headed back to the main entrance. The rest of the gang drove the truck and crashed it against the main entrance, once inside the gang demanded the doctors to hand over the drugs but they refused. Before the thugs could attack the doctors, Batman and Robin arrived and disarmed the thugs and they started to fight against all of them. Renee Montoya helped them and in just a few minutes, all the members of the gang were knocked out and Batman and Robin had left the building.
Vesper Fairchild advised the people who were leaving Gotham to be careful and to have good luck wherever they ended up in. At that moment, several people were crossing the Gotham Bridge and due to the structural damage the bridge has endured after the quake, plus the weight of all the walking people, the bridge collapsed killing thousands of people.
Batman, Robin and James Gordon watched as their once mighty city collapsed piece by piece with a helpless feeling of despair.
- This issue is reprinted in Batman: Road to No Man's Land Vol. 1 (Collected).
- As with most stories involving Harvey Bullock, there are references to some movies in this issue. The movies are: Night of the Living Dead; The Godfather; Assault on Precint 13 and Rio Bravo.
- This is the second time that Harvey Bullock starts a relation with a nurse. The first time happened in Batman #520.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 559 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes
|Batman: Cataclysm Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Cataclysm crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1998. Gotham City was almost completely destroyed by a massive earthquake. This story led into the events that would eventually create No Man's Land.