Appearing in "Bruce Wayne Goes to Washington, Part One: The Jackals"
- Bill Hodge
- Dorothea Hillier
- Gary the Lobbyist
- Marilee (Single appearance)
- Batrope (Cover only)
Synopsis for "Bruce Wayne Goes to Washington, Part One: The Jackals"
Nicholas Scratch noticed Bruce Wayne's efforts for helping Gotham and he decides that if he wanted to succeed in shutting Gotham, he must prove to the country that any efforts to save Gotham are futile. Scratch sent some of his minions to Gotham and they attacked a police truck in order to free Garfield Lynns; a.k.a. Firefly. They offered him a million dollars in order to create a burning chaos in the city and Firefly gladly accepted.
Meanwhile, Nicholas Scratch was a guest in a late night show broadcasted on national TV and he continued to explain his point of view about the situation of Gotham.
Bruce Wayne arrived to Washington and his lobbyist told him that, his was a lost cause. At night, Bruce changed into Batman and went to visit one of the senators who was in strong opposition against the project of rebuilding Gotham. Batman tried to take some answers out of the senator but before he could explain his reasons why he hated Gotham, a group of Scratch's henchmen broke into the room and attacked Batman. He tried to fight them all but he was outnumbered and left the place before they harm anybody. At that moment, Scratch exited the TV studios with one of the girls who worked there and went straight to his place.
The next day, Bruce had a meeting with some congress people to discuss their possibilities of succeeding at the hearing and again, it all seemed to be against Gotham. At that moment, the Scratch's minions arrived at his master's place and informed him that they were unable to stop Batman the last night. Scratch was so enraged that he killed them in his living room without realizing that the TV girl he took with him the night before, witnessed the whole act and therefore, Scratch killed her as well.
Later, Scratch headed a telivised manifestation against rebulding Gotham. Bruce Wayne was watching him on his way to the Capitol Building and when he arrived, he asked Alfred for any suggestions, to which the faithful butler answered that it might be necessary for Bruce to use his inner man; as he believed that Bruce was, once again, Gotham's only hope left.
- This issue features one of group editor, Dennis O'Neil's mini-essays From the Den; in which he explains how Cataclysm evolved into their biggest project thus far. An idea first brought to him by associate editor, Jordan B. Gorfinkel that was later developed by many other editors and writers alike; who joined efforts to make the storyline named No Man's Land, possible. O'Neil also clarified that it was not a linear crossover, but instead it should be considered as a new setting for all the characters and titles involved in the Batman mythos; and that it wasn't necessary for the reader to strictly follow a reading order to understand the story.
- This issue is reprinted in Batman: Road to No Man's Land Vol. 2 (Collected).
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 560 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
|No Man's Land Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Batman: No Man's Land crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1999. Gotham City was declared by the President to be no longer a part of the United States after the combined disasters of Contagion, Legacy and Cataclysm.