"The Visitor": Superman arrives in Gotham City and stops the forced tribute by denizens of Gotham. Batman sees the man of steel and calls him over. Batman tells Superman to leave Gotham. Superman tells Batman that the people of Gotham nee
- You were right. I didn't understand. They're not ready.
- -- Superman
Appearing in "The Visitor"
Synopsis for "The Visitor"
Superman arrives in Gotham City and stops the forced tribute by denizens of Gotham. Batman sees the man of steel and calls him over. Batman tells Superman to leave Gotham. Superman tells Batman that the people of Gotham need his help and he is not leaving. Batman tells Superman he has 24 hours to do all the good he can and leaves. Superman takes an electrical engineer to Gotham's power station and helps him restore power to part of the city grid. Mr. Freeze has arrived at the power station, intending to take it over. While Superman deals with Freeze, a group of men with guns approach the electrical engineer and ask him what he wants them to do. They see him as their boss, now that he has the power running again. People begin lining up, giving the electrical engineer food, and other items of tribute so that he will get their power running again. Superman returns and realizes that no matter what he does, things will continue to deteriorate in Gotham until the people decide to change things. He meets with Batman and tells the caped crusader that he is leaving.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 566 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Volume )
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at IGN Comics
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at Dark Knight
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes
|No Man's Land Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Batman: No Man's Land crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1999. Gotham City was declared by the President to be no longer a part of the United States after the combined disasters of Contagion, Legacy and Cataclysm.