"Endgame, Part Two: ...Tender and Mild...": Joker and his gang had arrived at the refugee center where Pettit and his people were having the christmas dinner. Joker taunted Pettit to get him out of the place. In his deranged state, Pettit arme
Appearing in "Endgame, Part Two: ...Tender and Mild..."
- Clarence Foley (Dies)
- William Pettit (Dies)
- Hendricks (Dies)
- Deever (Only appearance; dies)
- Anderson (Only appearance; dies)
Synopsis for "Endgame, Part Two: ...Tender and Mild..."
Joker and his gang had arrived at the refugee center where Pettit and his people were having the christmas dinner. Joker taunted Pettit to get him out of the place. In his deranged state, Pettit armed himself and he told the few people under his command to get ready to fight the Joker. Huntress tried to talk some sense into Pettit but the man wouldn't listen to any reason. Pettit told his men to surround the Joker while he went for the direct approach.
Pettit moved outside of the center and so did Foley and Huntress. All the people inside the center were scared of the situation. Pettit looked for any sign of the Joker but there wasn't a single green hair on sight. Pettit was armed with a sniper rifle and he spotted the clown hiding in a nearby trench. Pettit shot the clown and killed him. They thought it was over but then the Joker spoke to Pettit and challenged him to repeat the feat as another Joker appeared behind the first one that was killed. Pettit killed the second Joker as well and he kept shooting them as they appeared. Huntress and Foley realized that Joker was sending people disguised as him to their deaths and soon they also realized that all of them were Pettit's own men. They tried to make Pettit stop but he was completely out of control. Huntress and Foley realized that they were going to need help and Foley decided to go to the GCPD and ask for backup. Pettit noticed Foley leaving the place and he shot him in the head, killing him instantly for disobeying his orders of not leaving.
Huntress was enraged for Pettit's actions and she realized that Pettit was completely insane, just like the Joker, or even worse. Huntress attacked Pettit and beat him to a pulp. She was ready to finish him when Joker shot Pettit in the back and killed him.
Joker told Huntress that he just wanted to steal the babies on the refugee center and that he would leave once he got them. She refused to move and stood her ground against Joker and his gang. Joker told her that she was outnumbered 20 to 1 and that it was virtually impossible for her to stand against them. As Huntress didn't listen, Joker sent his henchmen to attack her but Huntress performed an incredible job and took all of them down one by one. She fought them bravely but when she knocked down the last one of them, Joker shot her in her rib cage. The wound weakened an already tired Hutress and Joker shot her again, this time in her shoulder. Huntress fell down but she struggled to stand up and Joker shot her a third time on her right leg. After that, Huntress was unable to move her body and she leaned against a wall, losing a lot of blood. Joker acknowledged her strenth, but as she refused to pass out, Joker aimed his gun to her head and prepared to kill her once and for all.
- This is the second part of the storyline titled Endgame. The previous chapter is Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #126. No Man's Land and Endgame continues in Detective Comics #741.
- This is the last Batman issue part of the No Man's Land crossover.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 574 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
- No external links.
|No Man's Land Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Batman: No Man's Land crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1999. Gotham City was declared by the President to be no longer a part of the United States after the combined disasters of Contagion, Legacy and Cataclysm.