Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Hush (Part IV of XII) - The City": Bruce Wayne flies to Metropolis. He needs to find Poison Ivy in order to discover her involvement in the Edward Lamont ransom case. As he disembarks from the plane, he recalls the fi
Appearing in "Hush (Part IV of XII) - The City"
- Batman (Flashback and main story)
- Oracle (Behind the scenes)
- Alfred Pennyworth (Flashback only)
- Green Lantern (Alan Scott) (Flashback only)
- Thomas Wayne (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Hush (Part IV of XII) - The City"
Bruce Wayne flies to Metropolis. He needs to find Poison Ivy in order to discover her involvement in the Edward Lamont ransom case. As he disembarks from the plane, he recalls the first time he came to Metropolis.
Bruce visits his newspaper the Daily Planet under the guise of checking in on his investment. But what he really needs to do is to check upon Oracle's investigations. Lois Lane flirts with Bruce but before she learns anything from him, Perry White takes Bruce away. However, Bruce's thoughts are actually on the kiss he shared with Catwoman the prior evening.
At night, he drops by the Lexcorp offices as Batman and speaks with CEO Talia al Ghul, who calls herself Talia Head. He inquires about a dangerous chemical compound that Lexcorp dabbles in – a compound developed by Lamont Chemicals. Before Talia can speak at length however, Batman is called away by Catwoman, who is in town as well and hot on the trail of Poison Ivy.
Catwoman breaks into Poison Ivy's headquarters and pretends that she is still under her thrall. But Poison Ivy instantly recognizes the deception and the two begin fighting. Batman arrives seconds behind Catwoman and saves her from being strangled by one of Ivy's sentient vines. However, Poison Ivy has another notorious personage under her thrall – Superman. As the top of Ivy's greenhouse collapses, Superman is seen hovering, ready to protect her.
- This book was first published on January 22, 2003.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Hush Vol 1 trade paperback.
- During one scene, Lois Lane queries, "How many "P's" in "Therapist"? This is a reference to actress Margot Kidder's version of Lois Lane as seen in the Superman films of the 1970s-80s.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 611 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Images from Batman Vol 1 611
Links and References
- Batman series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Batman series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Batman series index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe